Seminar Track Presentation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seminar Track Presentation

I attended the "How Self-Storage Professionals Can Become Invincible to Lawsuits and Save Thousands in Taxes" presentation at the Expo a few weeks ago, and looked at your seminar track presentation links to download a copy of the slides, but do not see it there.

Is this presentation not available to download, or am I just missing it somewhere?

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

No clue. However, I don't think any of us can become Invincible to Lawsuits, it is just not possible.

Comment

Sent you a PM.
      “Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.” The Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by A-team View Post
        No clue. However, I don't think any of us can become Invincible to Lawsuits, it is just not possible.
        Too many ambulance chasers out there to avoid a law suit.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Looks like Manager handled this, but let me know, PK, if you still need help.
          Amy Campbell
          Editor
          Inside Self-Storage
          amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post
            Looks like Manager handled this, but let me know, PK, if you still need help.
            Thanks. She did send me the link to where the presentations are listed (which I already had). I guess my question/problem was that I wanted to download that specific session that we attended, but it is not listed there, so don't know where we can get the slides for it. Any help with that?

As for the other responses, I agree, you cannot completely protect yourself, but the session focused on how to setup your business to give you a good chance of keeping lawsuits away, vs. only dealing with them after they are filed.

For example, certain states have better or worse protections for corporations, so it might be better for you to register in those "better" states vs. your home state (although you're still registered to do business in your state, and paying taxes, etc...this was only in regards to setting up the corporation in different states).

Comment

PKStorage, be very careful with this. It's not as cut and dried as the presenter (vendor of those services) makes it sound. It's not as easy, it's not as bulletproof and should you decide to do it, it's not magic that only these vendors possess. You can accomplish the same for much less.

Consult a trusted attorney and your tax counsel before jumping in.

You can find his whole presentation on youtube. He does this for every type of industry out there, but packages it for whomever he's standing in front of.
              Last edited by Storman; 2nd May 2017, 05:17 PM.
              In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
                PKStorage, be very careful with this. It's not as cut and dried as the presenter (vendor of those services) makes it sound. It's not as easy, it's not as bulletproof and should you decide to do it, it's not magic that only these vendors possess. You can accomplish the same for much less.

Consult a trusted attorney and your tax counsel before jumping in.

You can find his whole presentation on youtube. He does this for every type of industry out there, but packages it for whomever he's standing in front of.
                I appreciate the heads up, and I would agree with you. I question everything just by my nature, so do not trust anyone selling anything until I can independently verify. He made some comments regarding S or C corps which I would disagree with, so already the radar was up. I wanted to research a bit further on the topic before I involved my accountant and attorney. Basically wanted to re-read his slides, do some research, then approach my people and see if it made sense.

I appreciate your input, and the info regarding that they just tailor it to each industry. Didn't realize they were operating the "pitch" all over like a sales roadshow. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but definitely need to tread carefully.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X