Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you read the Free Cloud Storage bringing in rentals? What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you read the Free Cloud Storage bringing in rentals? What do you think?

The company Vault Drop is integrated with both Site Link and Sparefoot. Has anyone tried this? Are they considering trying it?
    What say you all?
    Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

No thank you
    LOL
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
      No thank you
      LOL
      Why? I'm curious as to your reason? Not something your client base would use, or just one more annoying thing like U-Haul?

Comment

I am not interested either. I am all for cloud storage, and I think in time it will be a great resource for self-storage, but going through all that we have to do just to make sure we are PCI Compliant for Credit Cards is scary enough. I would want to wait until something like this is regulated and enforced with security standards. The liability that the company would be taking on is pretty high. Even if they don't directly deal with it, your company, your name, your brand and your image are on the line if something were to go wrong. We just had a hacking attempt on a port for our security camera setup. They were unable to get in, and they would have been disappointed if they did looking at a few people coming and going from day-to-day, but the fact of the matter is they are trying to get in. They see an available port, and they attempt to break in. What would happen if that were the customer files? Chaos and frustration and anger is what would happen and all of it directed at me. No Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by calebtthomas View Post
          I am not interested either. I am all for cloud storage, and I think in time it will be a great resource for self-storage, but going through all that we have to do just to make sure we are PCI Compliant for Credit Cards is scary enough. I would want to wait until something like this is regulated and enforced with security standards. The liability that the company would be taking on is pretty high. Even if they don't directly deal with it, your company, your name, your brand and your image are on the line if something were to go wrong. We just had a hacking attempt on a port for our security camera setup. They were unable to get in, and they would have been disappointed if they did looking at a few people coming and going from day-to-day, but the fact of the matter is they are trying to get in. They see an available port, and they attempt to break in. What would happen if that were the customer files? Chaos and frustration and anger is what would happen and all of it directed at me. No Thank You!
          I didn't think of the liability, but there is that. I'd think the cloud company would shoulder that, but heck, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

I didn't think of the liability, but there is that. I'd think the cloud company would shoulder that, but heck, I don't know.
            Again they can shoulder the legal portion of it, but the damage to your company ad your image can be devastating and without repair.

Comment

Originally posted by calebtthomas View Post

Again they can shoulder the legal portion of it, but the damage to your company ad your image can be devastating and without repair.
              But you can say that with any add on. i.e. U-haul, UPS etc.

Comment

It would be "one more annoying thing"
                LOL

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

But you can say that with any add on. i.e. U-haul, UPS etc.
                  Agreed and I am not a big fan of them either, as they take the customer service out of your hands. But it is one thing to have a bad customer service experience, and another to have confidential or private files seized by some unknown hacker who tries to sell them to the highest bidder. There is a huge difference in my opinion. I don't like not having complete control over my business efforts. So I would choose to do truck rentals on my own, rather than through U-haul, etc...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X