Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chase leaks vs. sealer

Hello,

I'm chasing leaks in an older building (25 years old), and I'm now contemplating just biting the bullet and having the whole thing professionally sealed. I've never gone that route before, and just wondering if anyone has any insight as to whether it's actually worth it. If so, what product would you recommend? Would you recommend someone that specifies in sealing metal buildings, or would a GC be able to handle application? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thankfully I've never dealt with this situation in a major way. It's usually just a screw that's backed out or a small spot that needed sealing. There are some great coatings for metal rooftops, and they're not cheap. But here's a list of companies to start with to help you out along the way. Some of them apply a white coating so it reflects sunlight to keep the buildings cooler.
    Last edited by Gina6k; 13th February 2018, 09:51 AM.
    Gina 6k
    twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
    VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
    storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
    I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

What type of metal roof are you dealing with? There is a thread from about a year ago where I asked this question about preparing my roof for solar panels. It may be a good one for you to review.

Comment

It's just your standard PBR metal roof. I forget the exact guage. I will see if I can find your post. Thanks!

Comment

I just posted a link to it in your other thread

Comment

I am dealing with this same issue currently.

There are many screw holes that need attending and we are finding that if we plug us these holes the leaking has stopped.

You may also want to ensure that all your gutters are free of leaves and debris.
              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

http://www.trianglefastener.com/Products/Blazer you need some larger screws to fill the old holes, and these guys have what you need.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X