Spray Foam Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Foam Advice

Hello. We are having condensation issues in our facility. It snows heavily in the winter months. I found a contractor that will spray 2 inches of Closed Cell Polyurethane Foam (CCSPF) for R-14 at ceilings an gable end walls of metal buildings and then applying 18 wet mils of DC 315 thermal barrier at all units were CCSPF is installed. What do you guys think? Has anyone had any experience with this type of insolation? Your thoughts.

Are your buildings unique in design? Is there a facility near you that has the same type and not the same issues? If you're a basic building size, shape etc. see what they did. You may find an easier/cheaper solution. We had condensation issues in our building that was attached to our main building. (concrete blocks were the walls) We sealed them with Dry-loc paint, then bought 1 inch foam board insulation and glued it over the entire wall, taping the edges with the sealing tape (a flex type sealing tape). Voila! For less than $150 we'd fixed approximately 10 units and had no more issues. In another section we brought in an industrial dehumidifier and that was worth it's weight in gold.
    I want buns of steel.
    I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

I am watching this - we had insulation that was wicking water from the gutter. It was filling the insulation with HUGE amounts of water. We cut the first 5 feet of insulation out on a few units. We were thinking spray foam as well. The problem I found was that it needs to be painted with fire rated paint. I also now know that you can order the galvanized roofing with a special coating on the under side that prevents condensation. This eliminates the need for insulation all together if its not a temperature controlled building.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
        Are your buildings unique in design? Is there a facility near you that has the same type and not the same issues? If you're a basic building size, shape etc. see what they did. You may find an easier/cheaper solution. We had condensation issues in our building that was attached to our main building. (concrete blocks were the walls) We sealed them with Dry-loc paint, then bought 1 inch foam board insulation and glued it over the entire wall, taping the edges with the sealing tape (a flex type sealing tape). Voila! For less than $150 we'd fixed approximately 10 units and had no more issues. In another section we brought in an industrial dehumidifier and that was worth it's weight in gold.
        As far as I know, the buildings around us are newer so they were smart enough to build their units with regular insulation. Our units are all metal.

Comment

Originally posted by DNolting View Post
          I also now know that you can order the galvanized roofing with a special coating on the under side that prevents condensation. This eliminates the need for insulation all together if its not a temperature controlled building.
          Interesting. I'll have to look into this.

Comment

Around one minute 50 seconds on this video:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X