Exterior Design Ideas - Single Level Facility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Design Ideas - Single Level Facility

Curious if you guys have any good resources for some design ideas for 1 story facilities to dress up walls that face a busy highway to be built. ISS has a great slideshow but mostly of multilevel facilities. We anticipate some brick, storefront windows, maybe a tower as well but looking for some good resources to get ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

As you can see from the picture we "dressed up" the front of our buildings. This is our office, but all four of our buildings have the false stone panels 4 ft up and the concrete board the rest of the way. The concrete board was painted to match our metal. Not only did it help with curb appeal, but this also met a requirement for the city to not have metal facing Main St. I have other pics in the "picture thread."
    Adam Harris
    Store More Mini Storage
    Rogersville, TN

Comment

Take a look at recently constructed retail space and medical offices in your area for inspiration. Those buildings will often have some great ideas with high end appeal.

Of the sites I have seen recently that really pop, I think some of the items that are in common are taller horizontal elements to break up the long horizontal building, and contrasting materials. I am a fan of fiber cement panels to bring in texture and depth - and these generally don't require the more costly foundation that real stone and brick needs. Tall windows are also a common element in a lot great looking facilities. Parapet walls (tall walls that extend above the roofline) are good way to add more height and mass to all or a portion of a building with a low pitched roof, or to hide a lean to roofline from view.

There is a gallery of completed sites here on our web site that can give you some design ideas: https://www.trachte.com/resources/case-studies/

Steve Hajewski
      Trachte Building Systems
      608-327-3208
      shajewski@trachte.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_hajewski View Post
        Take a look at recently constructed retail space and medical offices in your area for inspiration. Those buildings will often have some great ideas with high end appeal.

Of the sites I have seen recently that really pop, I think some of the items that are in common are taller horizontal elements to break up the long horizontal building, and contrasting materials. I am a fan of fiber cement panels to bring in texture and depth - and these generally don't require the more costly foundation that real stone and brick needs. Tall windows are also a common element in a lot great looking facilities. Parapet walls (tall walls that extend above the roofline) are good way to add more height and mass to all or a portion of a building with a low pitched roof, or to hide a lean to roofline from view.

There is a gallery of completed sites here on our web site that can give you some design ideas: https://www.trachte.com/resources/case-studies/

Steve Hajewski
        Trachte Building Systems
        608-327-3208
        shajewski@trachte.com
        Interested in finding out more on the fiber cement panels, do those need to be painted and how are they as far as maintenance?

Thank you both, great input.

Comment

The brand I have used is Nichiha. They do not need to be painted, but I have seen it done when someone wanted a color of fake limestone that they did not make. Looked great but I would avoid paint which leads to maintenance some day. YOu can see the varieties of panels available at Nichiha.com. They should be 0 maintenance if installed correctly. I would say budget about 7 or 8 bucks for materials per sq foot of surface to be covered by the panels. I used them on my property and installed them myself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X