Cap Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Rates

A new article from industry veteran offers the lowdown on how capitalization rates work.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I read the article with interest along with quite a few other articles I have found. They all seem to leave one thing out: Everything else that can be used to negotiate the price.

There is a facility I am looking at that a 7% market cap shows is worth 1 million. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of thousands of dollars in repairs that are needed. Now do I just deduct that amount from the offer? I'd love to see more info on that...

Matt
    Tonawanda Self Store

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bighank
      Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
      by Bighank
      Idaho has nice. I tell everyone that God built mice better than my ability to get rid of them. When someone says "You have mice?" I look them in the eye and say, "yes." I ask them if they see al the hawks and falcons flying around and ever wonder what they feed on. Most are...
      Yesterday, 11:31 PM
    • KrisinNC
      Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
      by KrisinNC
      This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed....
      Yesterday, 07:06 PM
    • Beebop
      Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
      by Beebop
      Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it....
      Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    Working...
    X