Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Cap Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Rates

A new article from industry veteran offers the lowdown on how capitalization rates work.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I read the article with interest along with quite a few other articles I have found. They all seem to leave one thing out: Everything else that can be used to negotiate the price.

There is a facility I am looking at that a 7% market cap shows is worth 1 million. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of thousands of dollars in repairs that are needed. Now do I just deduct that amount from the offer? I'd love to see more info on that...

Matt
    Tonawanda Self Store

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ckpa11
      fence climber
      by ckpa11
      This tenant has been pushing the limits since she came in. After reviewing gate activity and cameras from last night, I see her car pull out and sit in front of the gate then in a few minutes she walks down the lot and CLIMBS over the fence to get out since the lockout gate hours started. Now, she knows...
      Today, 12:30 PM
    • Merman
      Reply to Customer expects facility to move him
      by Merman
      I'm gonna laugh if today she says a big round boulder chased her through the property....
      Today, 12:23 PM
    • Merman
      Reply to Auction on Storage Unit with a Boat
      by Merman
      In AZ, for regular units, if they don't sell at auction and/or the winner is a no show, you can sell the unit outright as a manager special or other method that is no longer a lien sale. I don't know if vehicles work the same way. I would follow up with the company lawyer and see if you can title...
      Today, 12:20 PM
    Working...
    X