Can I get away with 4' doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get away with 4' doors?

Will 4'x7' metal doors with half glass be OK for a Climate Controlled building? Small town rural setting. No climate controlled within 15 miles.

I think it doesn't matter, as long as the doors hold in the cold and keep out the heat! My first facility had a huge steel door, my last facility had regular insulated 36" doors with a window up top. Personal preference.
    However-make sure a flat bed dolly can get through without damaging the edges which would affect the *seal* etc.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

So someone could look inside and see what is stored there? You should probably do something about that. So if you cover the glass use some insulation with whatever you cover the glass with.
      Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Scott View Post
        So someone could look inside and see what is stored there? You should probably do something about that. So if you cover the glass use some insulation with whatever you cover the glass with.
        The door faced onto a hallway-I didn't think that he might have meant for each unit-but yeah, no bueno.
        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

I would do the 4 x 7 door instead of something smaller and cheaper. It just makes it easier for your tenants to get things like couches in and out. Make sure that the 'pivot hinges' or something similar is used to support the extra weight of the door so it doesn't start pulling out of the frame and make sure to have something to prevent the door from being sprung all the way backward by the wind. it also can save damage on the door frame and seals as Kris mentioned above.
          Terry Campbell
          General Manager - Self-Storage lending division
          Live Oak Bank
          704-437-4322
          [email protected]
          www.liveoakbank.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X