Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facility Renovations and Upgrades

Hi All!

I'm working on an article about facility renovations and upgrades. I'm seeking operators willing to share their story, advice and photos (if you have them). Please email me if your facility is in the process of or completed any of the following:
    • Added a new building
    • Renovated the facade
    • Remodeled the office
    • Upgraded the hallway system or changed the unit mix
    • Added new security components
    • Replaced or reskinned unit doors
    • Replaced flooring
    Thanks!
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I wish! Ours has been overdue for a makeover for a decade now...... Still clean, still functional but definitely dated.
    You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

My projects this month include installed a "Mr. Cool" brand DIY mini-split unit for the kiosk room. At this point I just have a whole bunch of parts laying around the back room, a new hole saw, and some good intentions. Ironically, it is too hot to get motivated.

Comment

Hello! My first post! We finished an expansion in late March. Yes, right as COVID19 was hitting. Added a new building of 307 units. We also added fresh paint, new cameras and cleaned the existing fence. Small changes to the office; new window vinyl, changed retail displays, added new banners and flags. I found this post while looking for some insight to occupancy goals with expansions. Any information would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by fishhu1968 View Post
          Hello! My first post! We finished an expansion in late March. Yes, right as COVID19 was hitting. Added a new building of 307 units. We also added fresh paint, new cameras and cleaned the existing fence. Small changes to the office; new window vinyl, changed retail displays, added new banners and flags. I found this post while looking for some insight to occupancy goals with expansions. Any information would be much appreciated.
          Wow! It's lovely! Also appreciate the bollard placements-you never can have too many. Good luck on renting it up.
          Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Thank You! Yes, we actually had contractor add a few more bollards than originally planned. Lessons learned from original build.

Comment

Is there anyone else who'd like to share information about a recent renovation?
              Amy Campbell
              Editor
              Inside Self-Storage
              [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I am looking to get rid of this huge desk and build a rental counter with room for files, PC, and printer.
                I think I will wait until winter.
                Joe Krezdorn
                DAK Self Storage
                Leesport, PA 19533
                www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X