Lighting Situation in Units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Situation in Units?

For facilities with drive up access units only (no interior hallways): do you have lights inside all units? Only lights inside bigger units (10x20+)? No lights in units at all?

Only lights in 10x20 Standard drive up units.

Comment

None except in our largest units.
      "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
      Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
      Always sunny in California

Comment

Lights in all units, 2 in units larger than 10x15.

I'm slowly changing them all out to LED bulbs as the 30 yr. old incandescents finally burn out.

I learned after building our first phase to put all the lighting circuits on timers. Light switches don't get power until 4:30pm and power to the lights shuts off at 10pm. My first phase has power 24/7 and when I walk the facility at night I can see a few locked units with their lights on. I have a clause in my contract that a unit with the light left on can be charged a $20 fee. Never charged it.

Most importantly, I can tell people that the power to the lights goes off, so please remember to turn off the light switch when you leave the unit. (this is a backdoor way to let them know that plugging anything into the light socket that needs constant power won't work)
        Last edited by Storman; 25 November 2021, 01:43 AM.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I have a facility thats totally solar powered. Only had exterior motion LED lighting until last spring. I built a building with larger units- from 10 X 20 with 10' tall doors- up to 12 X 40 with 12' tall doors. I installed interior motion lights on everything longer than 20'. So far, I think its worth the effort. No feedback from any customers yet, though.

Comment

Ours are all LED and have photo eyes on them, so they come on when the door opens.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X