Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-building dividing walls

Good evening all:

I'm under contract to buy another drive-up facility in Central Texas where the current owner has taken down several dividing walls to make a large 6 unit open workshop for himself.

I'd like to divide that shop space back into 6 rentable units but, of course, he can't remeber what he did with the steel studs and galvalume panels that he took out.

I'm pretty sure I can easily source the studs and panels that I'll need, but I'm wondering how best to anchor those vertical studs to the concrete slab.

1) A hammer drill and concrete anchors?

2) Will a power concrete nailer work?

3) Another technique?

I've never been around a work crew that anchored a bunch of steel studs into concrete, and I'm wondering how to quickly/effiiciently get it done?

Thanks for any insight

Drill holes, then screw in concrete lag bolts. Talk with your local hardware or Fastener store (Fastenal).

Or just have the erection crew of your next building install, if you have the materials ready for them.

Comment

I would use tapcon screws. Drill holes with a hammer drill first.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bubba
        A customer calls 5 minutes until closing time....
        by Bubba
        A customer calls us 5 minutes before closing time needing a unit tonight. (First red flag.) We did have some units available. Their kid is moving that night. I explain to her the rental process, collect her data, etc. Two things left to do. Send me her ID and sign the lease. For the life of her...
        Today, 05:58 PM
      • Bubba
        Reply to So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
        by Bubba
        .This is why due diligence is so important before buying. As a buyer, one of my biggest concerns is fake accounts being created to boost the numbers.

To answer your question, follow your state lien laws. I would probably take an extra step and consult with a self storage attorney just...
        Today, 05:52 PM
      • Jblake
        Reply to Creating a No Rent List
        by Jblake
        A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
        Today, 02:34 PM
      Working...
      X