Stormwater Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormwater Plan

I need to develop a storm water plan for the building we plan to ad. Anyone have any experience with this out there? Is there a way to calculate how much land you need for absorption for square ft of building before you have to build a pond or something else?

Re: Stormwater Plan

Every city has different storm water regulations. You need to hire a local Civil Engineer to help you out, unless you have a City Engineer that will tell you exactly what you need to do. Be careful if you do the latter, many times the City Engineer will require a lot of overkill that isn't necessary. I have a small engineering firm in Central Arkansas, and every one of the couple dozen cities I work in have different regulations.

Comment

Yeah. That's my fear. I understand a planned needed but I'm afraid someone will plan me to build the Hoover Dam!

Comment

Originally posted by jbravo View Post
        Every city has different storm water regulations. You need to hire a local Civil Engineer to help you out, unless you have a City Engineer that will tell you exactly what you need to do. Be careful if you do the latter, many times the City Engineer will require a lot of overkill that isn't necessary. I have a small engineering firm in Central Arkansas, and every one of the couple dozen cities I work in have different regulations.
        I totally agree.
        The quickest, easiest and safest plan is hire a local civil engineer. They are working for you and have an obligation to you; the city engineer is working for the city..... $$$ well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by SMSSId View Post
          I totally agree.
          The quickest, easiest and safest plan is hire a local civil engineer. They are working for you and have an obligation to you; the city engineer is working for the city..... $$$ well spent.
          Plenty of good advice here, and here is some more.

- Experience: When considering who to hire, consider asking other land owners who recently developed in your city who did they hire? Hiring someone that your local city engineer is familiar with should smooth the process.
          - Cost: Before signing on, ask the civil to outline the costs and steps involved.
          - Who knows who? Your local planning/zoning board might have employees of a local engineering firm that review plans. In my city for example, a civil from a local firm serves at the city engineer. The zoning board has another engineer with a stormwater specialty on the panel. You may want to be sure you understand the politics and rivalries involved, if there are any.

Regarding your comments on how to calculate what is needed, I don't think you have the option of doing this yourself.

Steve Hajewski
          Marketing Manager
          Trachte Building Systems

Comment

Does anyone use the depth of their gravel isles as part of their stormwater plan?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X