Help needed with climate control design issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with climate control design issue

We are looking at starting our Phase II this fall, and considering duplicating our climate control building. However, when I started getting estimates, one guy told me
    that we are way below the CFM's recommended, even lower than residential standards. I know we would not need as much as a business, but what standards
    do you go by for heating and cooling? I want to make sure we are getting what we need. Thanks!

Re: Help needed with climate control design issue

Originally posted by jsnstorage View Post
    We are looking at starting our Phase II this fall, and considering duplicating our climate control building. However, when I started getting estimates, one guy told me
    that we are way below the CFM's recommended, even lower than residential standards. I know we would not need as much as a business, but what standards
    do you go by for heating and cooling? I want to make sure we are getting what we need. Thanks!
    You want to be undersized on your cooling system. You want airflow, but not too powerful of a cooling unit, otherwise it won't run often enough to keep the humidity down. Since the buildings seldom have people in them, very few doors and windows, iften dark with motion controlled lights, etc... you don't have much heat generation working against the system.

Also, your heating guy is probably thinking in terms of offices and homes where temps are kept around 70-75. Self storage is more likely to be between perhaps 50-80 in a temp controlled unit.

If you can find some existing sites in the same climate and find out what they are running (and how it works for them). Your building manufacturer may be able to help you find someone close enough to be comparable climate but not a direct competitor.

Steve Hajewski
    Marketing Manager
    Trachte Building Systems
    www.trachte.com

Comment

Re: Help needed with climate control design issue

Since you are duplicating an existing building, I would more go by how it is performing for you. Is the existing a/c unit size working acceptably?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X