Charging Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Fees

Great article on the ISS website about charging fees. What would you add to the topic?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I use all of these with the cleaning fee being the least charged one, once in over 4 years. Late fee kicks in much quicker than 30 days.

I do charge a 24/7 access fee for only certain tenants that I completely trust. It is nothing I advertise.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      I use all of these with the cleaning fee being the least charged one, once in over 4 years. Late fee kicks in much quicker than 30 days.

I do charge a 24/7 access fee for only certain tenants that I completely trust. It is nothing I advertise.
      Pac, if you don't mind me asking, what do you charge for 24/7? We charge a fee too, but I think its way too high.
      "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

I charge an additional $30 a month fee for that. Basically an average of a $1 a day extra on the rent. I really don't want to do it at all but if a trusted tenant wants to pay that fee, no problem. There could be some willing to pay $200 extra a month ad they would not get that option.

Comment

We charge $35, so I guess its not as bad as I thought. We don't advertise it at all, but sometimes people ask. thx for your input.
          "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

We charge a 24 hour access fee as well. We also charge an Auction Cancellation Fee and a No Vacate Notice Fee.
            Stephanie Tharpe
            Senior VP of Operations
            A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
            Nashville, TN
            http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
            www.tnssa.net

Comment

Make your first late fee something that stings a little. We changed from a $10 first late fee to a $20 first late fee...and our delinquency rate has more than cut in half since then. We also only charge one large lien fee that covers everything for the lien process. I hear from lots of customers who aren't upset at our one late fee but are upset at many small fees at other facilities. And...that one large fee is a real deterrent before they let their account become that delinquent.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                We charge a 24 hour access fee as well. We also charge an Auction Cancellation Fee and a No Vacate Notice Fee.
                Hmmm an "auction cancellation fee" ??

Steph, as in the tenant pays before sale date and I add more fee's?

I likey!
                Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I have 24 hour access to all tenants and don't charge a fee for that. But I also get $118.00 for a 5x10 so I guess you can say it is in the rent. We also charge $35.00 if we have to drill a lock and give them a new one. That makes them look a little harder for the keys.

Storage treasures will charge you if you cancel an auction so yes I pass that on to the tenant to.
                  Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by jlemke View Post
                    I have 24 hour access to all tenants and don't charge a fee for that. But I also get $118.00 for a 5x10 so I guess you can say it is in the rent. We also charge $35.00 if we have to drill a lock and give them a new one. That makes them look a little harder for the keys.

Storage treasures will charge you if you cancel an auction so yes I pass that on to the tenant to.
                    Bid13-no charges to the facility for anything.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                      Reply to After auction dilema
                      pacnwstorage
                      What they did was strip out the good stuff and left the trash for you to take care of. That is exactly why you should charge at least a $100 cash deposit that you can refund when you inspect the unit after they take everything and do it in the agreed upon time frame. I charge $200. I also now do the...
                      Today, 02:30 PM
                    • Penelope
                      After auction dilema
                      Penelope
                      We auctioned a unit. We gave them 3 days to clean it out. They asked for and extension. We gave them 2 additional days. They were in the unit the same day as the auction and put their lock on it. Now it is 10 days later. They have not been back in and are not returning calls. Any suggestions?...
                      Today, 01:57 PM
                    • jsparkyii
                      Reply to I had ONE Mad Manager this morning
                      jsparkyii
                      Make it hurt to be a lowlife, lazy, trash leaving thug!
                      Today, 01:02 PM
                    Working...
                    X