Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Mothballs in my climate controlled facility, and I can't pinpoint who it is!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Mothballs in my climate controlled facility, and I can't pinpoint who it is!!!

We have very clear language in our lease that disallows any odorous contents and it explicitly mentions mothballs. Alas, no one reads the lease I guess...

So what to do? I've tried smelling around the units, and believe I've got it narrowed down to 1 quadrant. I'm sending and email to those tenants now, but I'm not sure what the next steps are if they ignore/don't see the email or don't remember using mothballs when they stored stuff.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hotels have those mobile 'odor' removers specifically for things like cigarette smoke-I'd bet they'd work for moth balls. That's a bad smell but I remember it fondly because our Halloween trunk had a bunch of old clothing and moth balls in the bottom.

https://www.odorfreemachines.com/hot...SABEgL_V_D_BwE
    Last edited by KrisinNC; 13th February 2018, 02:30 PM.
    I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

That email should include a warning of numerous $ amounts to track down, rid the area and clean up for the smell after you find out who has done that. There are certain areas of the lease that I cover face to face with the tenant. I don't expect them to actually read the lease. Anything I feel is important is gone over and initialed by that tenant. I have come right out and said to some tenants that I do not accept the excuse, "I didn't know".
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Odoban makes a great smell absorb-er they carry it at home depot and it is less than $1. There are far worse smells!!! They also have many great cleaning agents. Good luck.

Comment

Note: They may be attempting to cover up the smell of something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Note: They may be attempting to cover up the smell of something else.
            Oh, yikes. That's a nightmare. What can possibly be WORSE than mothballs that they're trying to hide? (please don't be bodies)
            I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
              Reply to After auction dilema
              pacnwstorage
              What they did was strip out the good stuff and left the trash for you to take care of. That is exactly why you should charge at least a $100 cash deposit that you can refund when you inspect the unit after they take everything and do it in the agreed upon time frame. I charge $200. I also now do the...
              Today, 02:30 PM
            • Penelope
              After auction dilema
              Penelope
              We auctioned a unit. We gave them 3 days to clean it out. They asked for and extension. We gave them 2 additional days. They were in the unit the same day as the auction and put their lock on it. Now it is 10 days later. They have not been back in and are not returning calls. Any suggestions?...
              Today, 01:57 PM
            • jsparkyii
              Reply to I had ONE Mad Manager this morning
              jsparkyii
              Make it hurt to be a lowlife, lazy, trash leaving thug!
              Today, 01:02 PM
            Working...
            X