Nesting Birds - HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nesting Birds - HELP!

I have a family of birds nesting in my gutter and on top of a permanent light fixture right outside my office door. There is poop everywhere, every day. I scrub the door, windows, walkway, etc but come back next day and it's a mess all over again. The front of my office is the tenants first impression so I need to get this remedied immediately. I have done some research and see that a fake owl might work well? Or bird spikes (which I think sound inhumane). Has anyone had this problem and successfully gotten rid of the birds for good???

I thought the fake owl was to keep away woodpeckers.

Let me do some research and see what I can find.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

http://www.midatlanticwildlifecontro...st-in-gutters/
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Well, the plus side is that they hatch and fledge quickly because birds are protected. As soon as the babies are able to fly, dismantle the nest (wear gloves, birds have mites that bite) and put something to cover it. An owl ~may~ work. The gutter is an easy solve with a gutter cover. Plus an owl -which you can dress up if you' re so inclined..lol. The light fixture? Hang cd's over it. Seriously, the spinny silver thing repels birds.
        I want buns of steel.
        I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Do you know what type of bird it is. If they are Pigeons they are considered a nuisance bird and here you can take care of them. I would ware gloves and move the nest.

Comment

Following because I need similar advice...
            I have read about the CDs and holographic tape. I'm contacting our current pest control company to see if we can get that type of service added, but might just add spikes to the buildings they always nest in.
            Give them an inch, they'll take a mile!

Comment

Pellet gun

Comment

Says right on the box- Harmless to Birds

https://www.amazon.com/Bird-X-Stainl..._&dpSrc=detail
                Last edited by Newco; 27th May 2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

How about something like a fake vampire bat or scarecrow? The stainless steel needle strips look pointy. Are the pins flexible or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Newco View Post
                    Says right on the box- Harmless to Birds

https://www.amazon.com/Bird-X-Stainl..._&dpSrc=detail
                    In San Diego I saw more rock doves and pigeons build their nests on these.
                    I want buns of steel.
                    I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

I have pretty much taken care of the problem. Just blasted the roof with the garden hose every morning and evening. They don't come around much anymore. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Be sure to keep them off LED light fixtures... it makes them overheat and fail quickly.

Comment

Yeah, I have hard of owls too but I think the birds would still wait out a little while more until their babies are fully ready. The owls usually deter them from making a nest there but once they are already there, the chances are slim. You could try though because hearing your story of having to clean after them every single day must be really wearing you out especially when it is not part of your jobscope to be honest. Bird spikes do sound inhumane but they prevent birds from nesting rather than hurting them so they are probably fine too.
                          Edward Thirlwall
                          http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/.../self-storage/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• AFSManD
                            Reply to Anyone use a Call Center? I need feedback. Looking for one.
                            AFSManD
                            We use XPS. They're decent. Just make sure you give them all the correct information about your property. We've had to have some "talks" with them now and then. They recently told a tenant they were going to be receiving a refund for moving out halfway through the month, when we absolutely...
                            Today, 10:09 AM
                          • DairyGirl
                            Reply to Buzzer entry system... Customer's Don't get it.
                            DairyGirl
                            Like Pac, I have also disable my intercom. I have spent too many evenings and weekends hearing that stupid thing get pressed repeatedly by someone who is locked out but NEEDS to get to their unit. Nope, done with that. Signs don't help, either. I have a large sign placed directly UNDER the keypad at...
                            Today, 09:56 AM
                          • lady5563
                            Reply to Stop bothering me
                            lady5563
                            They are the same tenant that waits until the LAST DAY OF THE MONTH to pay and they call at 4;30 pm to pay.
                            I close at 5 pm.
                            This particular tenant stores in my 2nd location that I run by appointment only.
                            When it becomes the last day of the month (or the last Friday of the month)...
                            Today, 09:50 AM
                          Working...
                          X