Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Someone Gets Hurt on Your Property?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Someone Gets Hurt on Your Property?

Hey everyone. I'm working on an article for the StoreLocal blog about what to do if someone gets hurt on your self storage property.

Some of this will be easy, I think. If someone's hurt badly enough, you'll want to call 911. If it's an employee, they may be entitled to workman's compensation until they recover.

Is it a good idea to have an emergency contact for each tenant, just in case? Do any of you have that?

Are there times when you would drive the tenant to the doctor or hospital, especially considering how expensive ambulances can be? (Suppose the tenant refuses an ambulance for that reason.)

Are there situations I've missed here that you can think of off the top of your head, and how would you handle them?

Thanks in advance! Everyone here has been really helpful with my other questions.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Merman
    Reply to New Facility - Wish List
    Merman
    Avoid swinging gates if at all possible. We have swings and rolling due to property limitations and the swings have given us trouble. Lighting in units with a timer switch in a common area for customers. For the perimeter fence, I would make the bottom 3 or 4' a solid wall and if you want, a more...
    Yesterday, 09:15 PM
  • eileen
    Reply to Credit Card Chargeback for unit break in?
    eileen
    She last accessed in January, this came up in May. Our cameras don't retain video that far back. And I don't know when I'd have time to watch all that.

I was more concerned that the credit card provider is even entertaining issuing these payments back basically disregarding our rental agreement...
    Yesterday, 04:13 PM
  • Dave Scott
    Reply to Tasty Treats
    Dave Scott
    Fried green tomatoes and corn on the cob...
    Yesterday, 03:48 PM
Working...
X