The Simple [Work] Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Simple [Work] Life

Today is National Simplicity Day. What steps have you taken to make your job a little simpler?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

That took place 5 years ago. When I was hired I asked to run the facility like I own it and the owner said have at it. Working smart and not hard is simplicity.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

My days are mapped out and keep me on task: walk thru done first thing in the morning and again in the evening before close. List made of maintenance issues for the day to be completed throughout the day. Follow up calls for leads done before 10:00am, bank run after follow up calls. Then out on property cleaning units, etc. Collection calls every Wednesday and Saturday. For me, a strict schedule each day keeps me organized and everything running smoothly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Merman
        Reply to New Facility - Wish List
        Merman
        Avoid swinging gates if at all possible. We have swings and rolling due to property limitations and the swings have given us trouble. Lighting in units with a timer switch in a common area for customers. For the perimeter fence, I would make the bottom 3 or 4' a solid wall and if you want, a more...
        Yesterday, 09:15 PM
      • eileen
        Reply to Credit Card Chargeback for unit break in?
        eileen
        She last accessed in January, this came up in May. Our cameras don't retain video that far back. And I don't know when I'd have time to watch all that.

I was more concerned that the credit card provider is even entertaining issuing these payments back basically disregarding our rental agreement...
        Yesterday, 04:13 PM
      • Dave Scott
        Reply to Tasty Treats
        Dave Scott
        Fried green tomatoes and corn on the cob...
        Yesterday, 03:48 PM
      Working...
      X