Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Retail Items (Boxes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Items (Boxes)

I was curious where everyone purchases there retail items and how much do you markup the items? We have been buying from Uhual for years, but I have noticed a price increase in the last year.

Try CDS. http://www.cds-usa.com/Locations

I don't know how they compare to Uhaul but my last facility bought strictly from them for their 20+ facilities.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Generally retail mark-up is double the wholesale. If it wholesales for $1, then retail is $2. Some manufacturers have suggested retail prices, however. But mostly, it's double the wholesale. We sell moving and packing supplies here and I compared my prices to Walmart. (Different brands of course) For the most part we are a little more expensive, but on some items, the same or even cheaper.
      Adam Harris
      Store More Mini Storage
      Rogersville, TN

Comment

I prefer buying from Uhaul. With the free shipping, it keeps them with the best pricing...at least for what we use. Typical markup is double what we pay.
        MamaDuke

Comment

We use Chateau Products and for the most part everything is cheaper, however, you have to purchase $300 worth of items to get free shipping. Boxes we purchase from pioneer packing (based out of Santa Ana, CA) for really cheap (we buy in huge bulk though), idk if they have other locations.
          Thanks,

-Ryan

Comment

We too order all of our stuff from Chateau with the exception of boxes!

We order boxes from a site called affordable boxes (East Coast)
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Is there any other company besides Chateau out there for moving supplies? I just placed an order and they came back wanting to charge me $57 shipping even though my order says FREE shipping. They claim boxes are considered separate from your order now (never been that way in the past as we have always ordered the same way). Seems like they are getting cheap, and I can't afford to spend $800 on 1 order

Comment

Try Pioneer Packaging or CDS.

WA State

Comment

We use pioneer but they can be a little more expensive. Honestly- the small ,medium and large boxes for sale at Home depot are cheaper than what we pay for them in bulk from Pioneer. The only thing is the size options are limited at Home Depot. At Pioneer, I like the wide selection of everything from mirror boxes to TV boxes, and dish packs to wardrobe kits from Pioneer- they really do have a lot to offer in terms of different types of boxes.
                  You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
                    Try Pioneer Packaging or CDS.
                    Do either deliver nationwide like Chateau?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post

Do either deliver nationwide like Chateau?
                      I'm not sure-I think you'll need to google it. http://www.cds-usa.com/ and https://pioneernorthwest.com/

WA State

Comment

We are in NJ, we use Affordable Boxes.

Have you Googled "moving supplies in your specific zip code"?

Comment

We use Chateau for all retail items not including boxes though.
                          For boxes we use
                          Affordable Boxes.
                          We are in NJ.

Comment

We tried a couple places, no one returned our calls. Must not be hurting for business

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post
                              We tried a couple places, no one returned our calls. Must not be hurting for business
                              Wow!
                              This happens to me a lot!
                              The no return phone calls.
                              Why can't they just call back and say how sorry they are that they are too busy to take on additional work?!!!
                              Drives me nuts!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X