Motorcycle Emergency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tercelet1 View Post
    If you lock it up what are the chances he will pay to get it back? That is the best resolution. If he had people willing to pick it up I am sure he can get some to chip in to pay the fees. I would still put it in a unit and lock it overnight. Wheel locks are useless! Get your manager to roll it back out just before calling tow company to pick it up. You have already given him notice that it would be towed. Tag it before you put it in. Ask tow company to call when they are in route and roll it back out just before. For extra security leave your manager watching it from pull out to tow!
    No chance. I spoke to him several times yesterday and, as usual, he said he was giving money to someone to pay but no one has ever been here. It's way too coincidental that yesterday I gave him his balance, and today someone shows up thinking they can just come on the property and get it. He knows he's owed since June because we just talked about yesterday, and I've got nothing but a run around from this guy. I need to get it locked in a unit, get my signs up (I do have to wait 24 hrs before having anything towed), and get it out of here. The tow company will notify then that they have it.
    He still has a unit here, too. That's going to be sold. He pi$$ed me off with this stunt today.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

The outside storage spot, where they can see the bike, will be too tempting to that crew. They knew money was owed against it when they came. Quick call from the tenant. Out of sight, they don't know where it is and you will sleep better.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

So, quick question about the tow away signs. I have to have them by the entrances. I also have to put one at my exit gate...does it go on the outside of the gate, so people outside the property see it? Or on the inside, for people exiting to see?

Comment

Hell, I would do both sides.

Comment

outside of gate so that they can see it coming in

Comment

Sorry, let me clarify. I have 3 signs; one goes outside the entrance, and one goes outside my "secondary" entrance (it's a locked double gate that Rv people sometimes use). The third sign is for my exit gate...inside or outside?

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                Sorry, let me clarify. I have 3 signs; one goes outside the entrance, and one goes outside my "secondary" entrance (it's a locked double gate that Rv people sometimes use). The third sign is for my exit gate...inside or outside?
                Inside. No excuses because it's not your problem if they don't read it. Make sure to include something on the rental agreement for vehicles to the same effect. In the contract or in the rules and regs. Name of Tow company, # and reason it was towed (lack of payment).
                I want buns of steel.
                I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                  So, quick question about the tow away signs. I have to have them by the entrances. I also have to put one at my exit gate...does it go on the outside of the gate, so people outside the property see it? Or on the inside, for people exiting to see?
                  Inside. It's only for your tenants to see...not anyone who would be outside the exit.
                  MamaDuke

Comment

I wanted to post an update on this tenant/situation. About a week after I put the signs up (I hadn't towed the bike yet at this point), the tenant called me and asked if I could give him until 9/28 to pay what he owed. I said yes, BUT, if I did not have the money by close of business on that day, I was having the bike towed. He said he understood and commented how hard it is for him to get someone to get the money out of his bank account to drop off here. He said he knew of a sheriff deputy from his church and maybe he would help him. I said that was fine, but it needed to be by Friday. Well, the payment never happened and at 5:15pm on 9/28, the bike was headed out the gate on the back of a tow truck. I have not heard from this tenant since that phone call on the 24th.
                    I continued with the lien process on his unit here and sent him a notice letting him know the sale had been scheduled as indicated in his lien notice. Nothing. Just a short time ago, a sheriff deputy came in, with the full amount that was due 2 wks ago (including payment for the motorcycle). I told him I will take the payment for the unit, but the bike has been towed. He was made aware of that possibility the last time I spoke to him. Deputy asked who towed it and I told him. He said he'd pass that info on to the tenant.
                    So, I expect the tenant to call me at some point asking about this. I want to say it's 2 wks too late, but it's really more like "months" too late. When I'm being told by the tenant that they are giving "someone" the money to make the payment, but the tenant isn't calling to make sure the payment has been made, who's really at fault here? And when that is the repeated excuse for no payments, he really shouldn't be surprised that I followed through with what I said I was going to do.

Comment

Post the money, shut down the account and don't let it bother you anymore. You have had too much worry over this and too many broken promises.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Grizz
                        Reply to Pro Rating Lease suggestions
                        Grizz
                        Are all these options available in site-link?
                        Today, 07:00 PM
                      • Grizz
                        Reply to Naming a new facility
                        Grizz
                        City storage.com is perfect. You want the search engines to find you fast and first. And people will search in the cities they are living in or moving to with terms such as "Abq Storage mini storage", outdoor storage, heated storage, etc....

Fancy and fun names dont make the phone...
                        Today, 06:48 PM
                      • Steve_hajewski
                        Reply to Move In Deposit
                        Steve_hajewski
                        I also require no deposit with credit card autopay sign up. I'm around 95% autopay.

Very rarely do i have anyone leave a unit damaged or with junk in it. The bigger problem is people who have cards go bad or don't keep enough balance in checking for debit cards.
                        Today, 06:10 PM
                      Working...
                      X