Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Stripping ...

Any tricks to this trade?

For the bottom of exterior roll up doors?
    I want buns of steel.
    I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Yes. We have a lot of doors with old crusty stripping.

Comment

Hire a door contractor?
        LOL
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Pretty much.. Was hoping someone had a quick DIY solution.

New thread:
          Tools you would invite for ease of Self Storage Maintenance...

Comment

You don't want to mess with that...it's very time consuming, tedious, and a huge pain in the butt. Hire someone to do it for you, and check for hasps that need to be replaced, doors with tension/spring issues, etc. I have my guy come out about once a month and fix every door issue I have. It will be money well spent.
            Last edited by badgorillawife; 2nd November 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by badgorillawife View Post
              You don't want to mess with that...it's very time consuming, tedious, and a huge pain in the butt. Hire someone to do it for you, and check for hasps that need to be replaced, doors with tension/spring issues, etc. I have my guy come out about once a month and fix every door issue I have. It will be money well spent.
              Thank you ! Perhaps I needed a little dose of empowerment... to not take on so much!

Comment

You really do not want that job. I have to do mine and they are a royal pain. I have to prop the door. Clamp the cables to the rails. Lift the door and prop it up to take tension off the cables. Then take off the rail (Pray the ends were not crimped. Clean and lube the rails, then pull the replacement strip back through (this is the most difficult part, it has taken me over an hour to get it to feed). Then reverse the process. A large twenty wide and 15 tall door can take hours and I usually have to get the boss out of the office to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bighank View Post
                  You really do not want that job. I have to do mine and they are a royal pain. I have to prop the door. Clamp the cables to the rails. Lift the door and prop it up to take tension off the cables. Then take off the rail (Pray the ends were not crimped. Clean and lube the rails, then pull the replacement strip back through (this is the most difficult part, it has taken me over an hour to get it to feed). Then reverse the process. A large twenty wide and 15 tall door can take hours and I usually have to get the boss out of the office to help.
                  Thanks for the reality check BigHank!

Comment

I did post LOL but I really did mean...hire a contractor!!!

I am SO lucky that one of my tenants IS a garage door installer!

Win/Win!
                    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X