First Class Mail Forwarding/Return Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Class Mail Forwarding/Return Time

How long will you guys wait after mailing out a refund before sending a replacement out? For instance today I just received back a check I mailed on 9/15/18, took almost 2 months to come back for what was a bad address.

What is your process and wait time for items in the USPS hands.

I don't mail out refunds, so that wouldn't be an issue here.

However, if I did, I would always confirm the address with the customer before sending out. I would prefer to have them come in and pick up the check and sign for it.

Aside from all that, I would probably wait 2 weeks before doing a stop-payment and reissue after confirming a valid address with the customer.
    MamaDuke

Comment

It's simple, don't give refunds. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by badgorillawife View Post
        It's simple, don't give refunds. LOL
        Eureka! lol

Comment

Policy here is no refunds but every now and then if a whole month is unused the owner will make a decision to refund depending on tenant history. We never ever mail them, period. They either come and get it or they can send someone but that someone signs a dated form and shows I.D. to match who the tenant sends. It is dated and time stamped and I take a pic of them with my digital camera of the whole thing.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We very rarely will issue any credit as well.
            If we were to issue a credit in the form of a check before mailing said check we would confirm a good address that said tenant would want it to be mailed to.
            RandyL , aren't you curious as to why this particular tenant hasn't been calling asking where the refund is?
            Did this particular tenant know he/she was getting a check sent?
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
              We very rarely will issue any credit as well.
              If we were to issue a credit in the form of a check before mailing said check we would confirm a good address that said tenant would want it to be mailed to.
              RandyL , aren't you curious as to why this particular tenant hasn't been calling asking where the refund is?
              Did this particular tenant know he/she was getting a check sent?
              Honestly I end up canceling out a handful of refunds a year that never get where they are going. Without hearing from the tenants.

My main thing here is why is the post office taking 8 weeks to return something

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

Honestly I end up canceling out a handful of refunds a year that never get where they are going. Without hearing from the tenants.

My main thing here is why is the post office taking 8 weeks to return something
                Gubment dragging their feet. Nuff said.

Comment

I wont mail a refund. If they have a credit card on file, will send it there otherwise they can walk there happy *** in the office and sign for cash.

Comment

I've only had to mail a check once and that was for an auction that sold for more than the customer owed. In those cases I don't believe we send a 2nd check, the payment goes to the state and the customer has a certain amount of time to claim it or it goes into the school tax fund.

I've had mail returned in two weeks, but I've also had a few letters that came back 9 months later and one customer's mail was returned about a year after he passed away. I am curious where that letter sat for a whole year.

Comment

Originally posted by Merman View Post
                      I've only had to mail a check once and that was for an auction that sold for more than the customer owed. In those cases I don't believe we send a 2nd check, the payment goes to the state and the customer has a certain amount of time to claim it or it goes into the school tax fund.

I've had mail returned in two weeks, but I've also had a few letters that came back 9 months later and one customer's mail was returned about a year after he passed away. I am curious where that letter sat for a whole year.
                      The postal worker was using that letter, folded over for extra thickness, to level up a table that rocked. Got a new table eventually and decided to do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

The postal worker was using that letter, folded over for extra thickness, to level up a table that rocked. Got a new table eventually and decided to do the right thing.
                        Lol, sounds about right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X