Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an Electrician.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an Electrician.

So I was upstairs first thing this morning and there were two aisles where there was no lights/power. So, I went looking around for the power room, and after texting my maintenance guy, found it. I enter and stand and stare. There are three large panels and all are locked. I have no keys for these. I call the management company and they're baffled as well.
    I go back and stare accusingly at them before I decide to poke the lock with my finger and I'll be switched, you have to press the lock and the bottom part comes out and you can open it.

For crying out loud, I mean, really?
    Thank goodness for dumb luck, or I'd have no luck at all. So, I found the breakers, fixed it and am going to make stickers so future people are not like, "WTH?"
    Ugh.
    I want buns of steel.
    I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

The whole time I was reading this I was imagining the scene from the first Jurassic Park movie when the woman goes to turn on the power and then the velociraptors pop out as soon as she finishes...i'm glad you survived Krisin.
    Kevin Kerr
    Self Storage Software by Storage Commander
    Kevin@storagecommander.com
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Kinda funny really!
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        Kinda funny really!
        The weirdest stuff, I swear. Every other breaker box I've seen and or dealt with had the little plastic thing that you pushed up and the door would pop open.
        I want buns of steel.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
          The whole time I was reading this I was imagining the scene from the first Jurassic Park movie when the woman goes to turn on the power and then the velociraptors pop out as soon as she finishes...i'm glad you survived Krisin.
          No velociraptors, thank goodness-lol
          I want buns of steel.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Having worked as an Electrician before, this gave me my laugh of the day. Thanks!

And our panels here at the office are the same "Push to Open" type. They're fairly common.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Having worked as an Electrician before, this gave me my laugh of the day. Thanks!

And our panels here at the office are the same "Push to Open" type. They're fairly common.
              Sure, sure. Laugh at my pain!
              I want buns of steel.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X