Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

What to do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do ?

A man came in and said he wanted to pay his bill. Common last name and I have 3 people with the same last name. I thought I pulled the correct person up ( I didn't ) and told him the amount. He looked at me quizzically and I said "it's under Lil Doe" right? He replied "No, it is John Doe, but that is my ex wife." Oh gosh, I gave out info I shouldn't have.

Now what do I do? Do I call her and let her know that I told her ex her name and he now knows that she is a customer here too?

The future depends on what you do in the present.

Same last names I always ask for the first name. I would call her and let her know. Accidents happen.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Same last names I always ask for the first name. I would call her and let her know. Accidents happen.
      Any ideas how to cushion the blow?
      I normally ask for the first name and today I didn't. I could just kick myself. Accidents happen but that is a biggie.
      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Did either of them know the other had a unit there when either of them rented there? All you can do is "fall on the sword" and tell her. Hell, give the name and number and I will call and tell her.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I'm not sure I would tell her. If you do you are informing her that he has a unit there. Telling him about her being there was an accident. But how will he react if he finds out you called and told her he is a customer?

Comment

evets has a point, don't make the matter worse. They're both entitled to store their belongings where they want. It was a simple human error. I appreciate your concern, but don't escalate the situation unnecessarily.

If she had informed you she was in hiding from him and had restraining orders etc., then I'd phone her immediately. Otherwise, it's a simple "oops" you won't make anytime again in the near future. You're human, we're prone to mistakes, it happens.
            Gina 6k
            twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
            VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
            storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
            I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X