Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You just might be a storage customer if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just might be a storage customer if...

...you come to the office when I'm out on the property, with a large sign posted right by the door handle saying "We are currently on the property. PLEASE CALL [phone #] FOR ASSISTANCE", and then you don't call the number but instead return later in the day and complain that no one was here to take your payment when you came by earlier. Oh, and it was a check payment that could have been put in the payment slot on the front door even if we weren't here. *double-face palm*

I just do...not...get some folks. Then there are some that do call the number and then ask, "Are you here?" No, of course not. I'm talking about being on a property 100 miles away from here.

.. you insist on shopping price rather than size, then you feebly attempt to blame me for your 3 bedrooms of crap not fitting into a 5x5.
    Last edited by Storman; 8th January 2019, 04:07 PM.
    In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

You drive away from your unit with the unit door wide open and the lock with its key is just inside the door on the ground. OR, You load up the back of your pickup truck and don't close the tailgate and when you turn from the facility and accelerate up the street you have items slamming the ground behind you and you don't notice it till someone pulls up beside you and tries to tell you the ski pole in their windshield came from you.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

...you are offered 15% off, first month free, a free lock, a waived admin fee, and a trip to Disney World, and your response is, "Is that your best price?"

Comment

They call and ask why their phone is full of messages from us with past due notices, when they moved out already. What? They were supposed to remove the lock? Nobody (except the manager who rented to you and the paperwork you signed) told me that!
          90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

you think customer service is just another term for kick dog.

This could be a fun thread, we've all got hundreds of answers for this.
            Gina 6k
            twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
            VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
            storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
            I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

...you ask me if I'm sure I don't have anything bigger than a 10x10 when I've just told you that's the largest I have.
              ...you come in to pay on a unit that was auctioned 2 months ago and are confused as to why it's no longer here.
              Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

... you pay only your storage rental and think by not paying the late fee it will disappear

Comment

...you get mailed notices, invoices, emails, texts, voicemails, and have website access, yet you still have no clue as to what you owe and when.

...you never respond to any text, email, or voicemail, but wait until 2 hours before your unit is to be sold to call up wanting to make a deal and complaining about all the "outrageous" fees that we had been warning you about since day 1, as if suddenly your unit has become important to you.

Comment

...you complain about the $10 late fee while telling me ALL about your 2 week European vacation (the reason your payment is late).
                    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

You call and leave a message and say Hi this is Billy unit # 800, cant pay right now call me. He left no location (we have 9), no last name, no unit # 800 at any location and no phone number given. This happened this morning 1-9-19 at 6:00 am
                      Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

...if you are two months behind and call to tell me that you have no money because your mom died, your house caught on fire, your car was wrecked, you had your finger amputated, your dog ate your homework etc and I have to work with you. But have no intention of paying anything on the past due.

....are outraged you got a late fee... on the 7th... and it's due on the first. But you get paid on the 10th and that just isn't fair.

.....Sneak out of your unit without paying on the 2nd before we overlock and dont provide any notice that your moving out. Then act confused as to why you didnt get your deposit back.

Comment

Originally posted by Storagelady898 View Post
                          ...if you are two months behind and call to tell me that you have no money because your mom died, your house caught on fire, your car was wrecked, you had your finger amputated, your dog ate your homework etc and I have to work with you. But have no intention of paying anything on the past due.

....are outraged you got a late fee... on the 7th... and it's due on the first. But you get paid on the 10th and that just isn't fair.

.....Sneak out of your unit without paying on the 2nd before we overlock and dont provide any notice that your moving out. Then act confused as to why you didnt get your deposit back.
                          Oh boy-when I think I have heard ALL of the stories, tenants can still surprise me!
                          90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

"My code is not working."
                            "Did you put the star at the end?"
                            Huffily. "Yes!"
                            Hoo boy. Okay. "Can I see some id? We'll see what your code is."
                            "I know what my code is!"
                            "Of course, but let's check your account anyway."

At this point it's 'Choose Your Own Adventure!"
                            1. "Well, you're past due, you have to pay before your code will work."
                            "I paid!" or "Really?"
                            2. "Well, your account is current. What were you inputting at the key pad? Really? No, that's not your code. Here."
                            3. Walk them out and watch them input it and it works. "Well, I came out here and scared it."

WA State

Comment

The last phrase is the best.
                              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tandrle
                                Reply to Powered stalls
                                by tandrle
                                Good feedback, I really like the Levitons and could see putting automation in place to handle it. I could use If this then that to turn on or off the outlet. The drawback is that the outlets all have a manual option to turn it on. I think using IFTTT can just shut it off it detected every 5 min or...
                                Today, 03:36 PM
                              • Steve_hajewski
                                Reply to Powered stalls
                                by Steve_hajewski
                                I have some of them on my property. Each on a separate 20 amp breaker. I charge a $20 per month premium for the power. I have an automated kiosk for rentals but those units are blocked off in the management software so that you need to meet me to rent them.

So far those units have been...
                                Today, 03:15 PM
                              • KrisinNC
                                Reply to Powered stalls
                                by KrisinNC
                                That seems like a great idea-though place them somewhere they won't get damaged when a senior citizen inevitably knocks into one side of the other. I've had many phone calls for powered spaces so they can run dehumidifiers or a trickle charge for their battery....
                                Today, 03:04 PM
                              Working...
                              X