Postal Service slow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Service slow?

I don't know if it's just locally or what-but we've been having local checks that were mailed at the END OF THE YEAR not arriving until yesterday and today. Is anyone else having issues? I wonder if it's due to the shutdown?
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

You can confirm with the stamped post mark's date that it was in fact postmarked at the end of 2018?
    Or
    are you going by the date on the check?
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I don't think the post office is directly affected by the shutdown.
      I might be wrong though!

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
        You can confirm with the stamped post mark's date that it was in fact postmarked at the end of 2018?
        Or
        are you going by the date on the check?
        No, most of them, though not all were postmarked at the end of 18. There were a couple of auto bank ones that were sent last week, but still!
        90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

I warn people all the time about the slow USPS. Here in Eugene a local letter or check is mailed, it then goes to the former distribution center, where they no longer do the distribution, and is then loaded on trucks and sent up to Portland, Oregon to the distribution center there and then after all that they load it all back on trucks to come back to the distribution center, you know-the one that no longer does that, and there the mail is sorted out to the different delivery vehicles so they can then spread out to Eugene and the surrounding areas. So, in other words, government efficiency at work! Plus you factor in the move slow as molasses workers that don't have to worry about being fired for poor efficiency and you have what we call, "The best we can expect from the USPS".
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Also, the post office is not affected by the government shutdown I found out!

According to the VA, 95.5 percent of its employees are exempted from a shutdown and would come to work. So the VA says it will suffer no effects from a shutdown. Mail delivery: The post office will be open, and your mail will be delivered because the U.S. Postal Service has its own revenue stream.Jan 19, 2018

Comment

The USPS "revenue stream" is like a dried up creek bed. In the red every year. I guess that would be a dried up "Red River".

Comment

Well, I spoke to my postal guy. He said there were some issues at the distribution center at years end, but more important was that he'd been on vacation after the holidays and the substitute/s didn't deliver everything, leaving him with bins full of undelivered mail that he's still going through. Mystery solved. He's pretty cranky about it too..lol. Apparently, I am not the only complainant.

WA State

Comment

Just once, I mean it, just once it would be refreshing to see the USPS exceed our expectations. I recently sent a money order to someone in Iowa and sent it Priority mail for $6.70 and was supposed to take 2 days. It took 6 days. Need I say more. Let's see, government and union workers, hmmmmmm, yep, there's a recipe for "I don't care".

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                    Just once, I mean it, just once it would be refreshing to see the USPS exceed our expectations. I recently sent a money order to someone in Iowa and sent it Priority mail for $6.70 and was supposed to take 2 days. It took 6 days. Need I say more. Let's see, government and union workers, hmmmmmm, yep, there's a recipe for "I don't care".
                    It's happening to package delivery as well. Amazon said, "It will be here Tues!" and then I get the 'Your package was delivered!" on Tuesday-but it wasn't, it didn't arrive until Wed afternoon because it gets placed in a locker and I get an email confirming it.

WA State

Comment

I had Amazon deliver a package recently that I waited all day for on my day off. Said it was delivered. I went to site and it said to wait 36 hours to see what happens. I PM'd them with facts of no package arrival. They immediately sent me another. The day after that arrived the first package was delivered by the USPS and it said right on the box that the USPS had delivered to wrong address. I PM'd again and asked what to do. Amazon said I could keep the double order at no charge or they would send me a return sticker. I said I already waited all day for the original order and they chose to have the most inept delivery people do the first delivery to the wrong address and I did not want to spend my time and fuel going to drop off the return. I kept the double order and made them send me an email that I could keep it and have no extra charge.

Documentation is important.

Comment

I had Amazon deliver a package recently that I waited all day for on my day off. Said it was delivered. I went to site and it said to wait 36 hours to see what happens. I PM'd them with facts of no package arrival. They immediately sent me another. The day after that arrived the first package was delivered by the USPS and it said right on the box that the USPS had delivered to wrong address. I PM'd again and asked what to do. Amazon said I could keep the double order at no charge or they would send me a return sticker. I said I already waited all day for the original order and they chose to have the most inept delivery people do the first delivery to the wrong address and I did not want to spend my time and fuel going to drop off the return. I kept the double order and made them send me an email that I could keep it and have no extra charge.

Documentation is important.
                        It's ridiculous. I find it's mostly the 'independent contractors' who don't know the area etc. and play 'fake it til you make it'. MY UPS guy knows me, he delivers here at work too-he lets me know if he's left anything for me.

WA State

Comment

Hate to break it to you Pac, but I never received my money order!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

Hate to break it to you Pac, but I never received my money order!!!!!
                            True story here, that same money order took 6 days to arrive at it's destination and I know that because the person I was sending it to texted me a pic of the m/o in their possession but to this day if I punch in the track number for it, it says "In Transit".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
                              Reply to Powered stalls
                              by Steve_hajewski
                              I have some of them on my property. Each on a separate 20 amp breaker. I charge a $20 per month premium for the power. I have an automated kiosk for rentals but those units are blocked off in the management software so that you need to meet me to rent them.

So far those units have been...
                              Today, 03:15 PM
                            • KrisinNC
                              Reply to Powered stalls
                              by KrisinNC
                              That seems like a great idea-though place them somewhere they won't get damaged when a senior citizen inevitably knocks into one side of the other. I've had many phone calls for powered spaces so they can run dehumidifiers or a trickle charge for their battery....
                              Today, 03:04 PM
                            • KatherineAD
                              Reply to new to storage
                              by KatherineAD
                              No. I write for those magazines and blogs, and of course I belong to SSA!
                              Today, 02:46 PM
                            Working...
                            X