Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Link users, how can I split up past credit card payment between two units?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Link users, how can I split up past credit card payment between two units?

I'm hoping that anyone who's using Site Link web edition has some insight on this. Let me explain.

We have this account with two units (with two different due dates.) This person made a payment for both of them using their credit card (on March 4th), but somehow it got applied only to one unit. Here's the screenshot how it looks like now:

and this is the payment itself. It shows that it all somehow went into just one unit instead of two:

So it became late this morning on one of the units and I need to correct it (i.e. spread it out between two units instead of just applying it to one.)

But when I go to Adjustments -> Ledger Adjustments, the payment looks like this, as one full amount:

How do I break it up between two units?

What happens if you click the TRANSFER PAYMENT TO ANOTHER UNIT?
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

If you can't transfer the payment like suggested above, you can credit that month's rent with detailed notes and explanation. Sometimes Sitelink does that-it will pick a unit rather than put it on both-if you're lucky you catch it the same day, but usually it's caught later and then you play catch up.
      90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
        What happens if you click the TRANSFER PAYMENT TO ANOTHER UNIT?
        Well, yes I can transfer the entire payment to another unit. Although it won't accomplish anything. What I'm looking for is an option to "break up" a payment between two units.

Comment

If the payment for 'both' has been in the system then you're where you are-you have to credit the second unit rent to bring them both up current. Unless it happened today. And ONLY today, delete the entire payment, go to your credit card processor and do the same there, then re-enter the payments to the correct units.
          90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
            If the payment for 'both' has been in the system then you're where you are-you have to credit the second unit rent to bring them both up current. Unless it happened today. And ONLY today, delete the entire payment, go to your credit card processor and do the same there, then re-enter the payments to the correct units.
            This payment has been made on Mar 4th.

Comment

If it was today and it's a check then you don't have to do the cc processor , just delete the payment and re enter it correctly.

WA State

Comment

Transferring the payment to the other unit won't do what you need it to do. While you can credit the other unit for the monthly payment, that won't solve the issue of the other unit having a paid thru date too far ahead. I know I've run into this same scenario before but can't for the life of me remember what I did to correct it. I would email sitelink and ask them what to do.
                Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Sitelink will be able to dial into your computer and show you how to do it. It would be easier for them to show you and you can write all the notes down in case it happens in the future.

IDK if you can see the attachment but you have to make sure that you click on All Units (it should default to that). In the case of a partial payment it will apply the $ to the oldest charges first.

If you click on one of the units and it is highlighted in blue it will apply the total payment to only that unit.
                  Attached Files
                  The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkathleenj View Post
                    IDK if you can see the attachment but you have to make sure that you click on All Units (it should default to that). In the case of a partial payment it will apply the $ to the oldest charges first.

If you click on one of the units and it is highlighted in blue it will apply the total payment to only that unit.
                    Yes, I know, that's how not to lead to this happening in the first place. Still there should be a way to correct it due to a simple human error. (It is by the way the second day that I'm trying to resolve this seemingly trivial issue.)

Comment

Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post

Yes, I know, that's how not to lead to this happening in the first place. Still there should be a way to correct it due to a simple human error. (It is by the way the second day that I'm trying to resolve this seemingly trivial issue.)
                      There's no simple way-sorry. Just an aggravating way..lol

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post

Just email or call sitelink. They'll explain what to do, or walk you through it.

Comment

Credit the second unit, add rent charge back to unit 1 so it will roll the paid thru date back as it will show as paid farther in advance. The quickest way to get it done and over with. Used to oversee 22 sites, can't tell you how many times workers called for this because they forgot to click all units.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
                            Credit the second unit, add rent charge back to unit 1 so it will roll the paid thru date back as it will show as paid farther in advance. The quickest way to get it done and over with. Used to oversee 22 sites, can't tell you how many times workers called for this because they forgot to click all units.
                            That's exactly it. Could not remember that for the life of me. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
                              Yes, the credit part was easy. Getting the money that were paid up on the 1510 account is not. We've done what you guys were suggesting (as well as what SiteLink support people were saying -- basically the same thing) and here's how it looks like now -- totally screwy. Everything circled in red in WRONG. It should've been paid through the end of March with $185 being owed then. But here's what it shows instead:

So now we have to watch this account because the next time the billing comes out it will be off and the customer will have to call us again. It's just that this (software) makes us sound like total idiots (not being able to fix the simplest of things in the billing.) And I can't seem to find the way to correct it. How many days have we been at it now?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
                                Reply to Break in at our units
                                by Steve_hajewski
                                Sorry to hear about this. Chateau sells a cylinder lock that is compatible with Trac-Rite's latches. The also sell two different stainless slide latches that will fit the door, however they will require drilling new holes.

It does sound like you were doing things correctly for being a rural...
                                Yesterday, 09:23 PM
                              • KrisinNC
                                Reply to Break in at our units
                                by KrisinNC
                                It sounds like you're on top of it. I'd add motion sensitive lights. Regular lighting then when there is motion brighter lights pop on so they realize that maybe there are cameras. I'd make the utility/camera room not accessible to the outside if possible....
                                Yesterday, 08:39 PM
                              • MBStorage
                                Break in at our units
                                by MBStorage
                                To preface this, we are in a rural area where it's extremely rare to find storage units with a fence, gate, office, etc. Much like 95% of the other storage unit businesses around, we do not have those things. We do have security cameras and an on-site computer in a utility room that records the camera...
                                Yesterday, 07:48 PM
                              Working...
                              X