Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Link users, how can I split up past credit card payment between two units?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So once the credit was done on the second unit to get it caught up where it needed to be, you rent into the first unit, edit charges, and added a rent charge for 4/1-4/30 for the $185 amount? The only thing I can think of that may be off is if the original incorrect payment paid the unit more than 1 month into the future. I have seen where paid thru dates will not show proper even after fixing everything when it involves multiple months but it's rare.

Comment

I know in my QuikStor system that if a tenant is paying at the website it will only allow them to pay for one unit at a time, even if the units are linked together in the system. You didn't say, that I could see, where the tenant paid at your website or in the office or called in the c/c number. If in the office and the units are linked I can do one payment that will split the correct amount of money assigned to each unit rent. If I am just doing one unit, let's say with 2 different forms of payment, and they are linked units I have to pay attention and pick the correct "single unit payment".

In this case, if I messed up and catch it before the end of day close and have the c/c back in my hand I can cancel the transaction and start over. If not and even if I posted a check payment wrong and don't catch till the next day, after the previous day's close, then I just do a "paid to date" change on one of the units and credit the amount of payment to the other unit and the dollar amounts still come out the same.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
        Reply to Break in at our units
        by Steve_hajewski
        Sorry to hear about this. Chateau sells a cylinder lock that is compatible with Trac-Rite's latches. The also sell two different stainless slide latches that will fit the door, however they will require drilling new holes.

It does sound like you were doing things correctly for being a rural...
        Yesterday, 09:23 PM
      • KrisinNC
        Reply to Break in at our units
        by KrisinNC
        It sounds like you're on top of it. I'd add motion sensitive lights. Regular lighting then when there is motion brighter lights pop on so they realize that maybe there are cameras. I'd make the utility/camera room not accessible to the outside if possible....
        Yesterday, 08:39 PM
      • MBStorage
        Break in at our units
        by MBStorage
        To preface this, we are in a rural area where it's extremely rare to find storage units with a fence, gate, office, etc. Much like 95% of the other storage unit businesses around, we do not have those things. We do have security cameras and an on-site computer in a utility room that records the camera...
        Yesterday, 07:48 PM
      Working...
      X