Post Office Boxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Office Boxes

One of our customers gave us her PO Box to send her mail. We have her ID with her street address but she asked us not to use that. I can only assume that there is some kind of trouble and she didn't want the street address used.

I put in her PO Box as the mailing address and then under 2nd contacts and notes I put the street address. If I didn't have an ID with a street address I wouldn't have rented to her. Ok?
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Sounds good to me. My first facility INSISTED on a street address first and po box as alt. Very rarely did DL address match actual address because CA doesn't update the actual DL if you move-just a note in the computer/ Here it's not an issue.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

I use either but the actual home address for anything mailed because at that point it would be in lien. Every other notice is sent email. Only one tenant did not want lien notice sent to home address and I said it will be that or they move out. Still here. I did tell them I would send lien notice to both the home address and a P.O. Box but then it is double on any charges from doing that.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

There are areas here where the post office doesn't deliver to the home, so they all have to pick up their mail from their PO Box. Also here is another scenario , let's say there is a husband or wife that is getting it because of domestic issues.

We want their legal mailing address, which a PO box is fine for or ever required in some cases.

Comment

I had a PO Box because I lived in a rural area and the mail would be stolen. I didn't even have a mail box for the mail to be delivered in. The PO box was my legal mailing address. I would send it to the one she wants it to go to.
          Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Not saying one way or the other but giving a possible reason as it's happened to me in the past.. The lady in my situation did not want her husband knowing she had a storage unit which is why she did not want anything going to her main address.

Comment

I have no problem using a P.O. Box as a mailing address as long as you have a valid ID with a physical address. Sometimes people don't want their spouse to know they have a storage unit for one reason or another. I won't refuse a rental because someone has questionable extra curricular activities.
              A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

The only problem I see with this situation is if the tenant gets behind on her rent. If your state requires you to mail notices to both the primary and secondary address on file, then mail would end up going to her physical address. Since she did ask you not to use her ID address, I'm presuming she didn't provide that address on her lease. If this is the case, you may want to consider removing the second address from your computer system, but red flag her file to triple check it before any auction proceedings.
                Gina 6k
                twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
                  Reply to Break in at our units
                  by Steve_hajewski
                  Sorry to hear about this. Chateau sells a cylinder lock that is compatible with Trac-Rite's latches. The also sell two different stainless slide latches that will fit the door, however they will require drilling new holes.

It does sound like you were doing things correctly for being a rural...
                  Yesterday, 09:23 PM
                • KrisinNC
                  Reply to Break in at our units
                  by KrisinNC
                  It sounds like you're on top of it. I'd add motion sensitive lights. Regular lighting then when there is motion brighter lights pop on so they realize that maybe there are cameras. I'd make the utility/camera room not accessible to the outside if possible....
                  Yesterday, 08:39 PM
                • MBStorage
                  Break in at our units
                  by MBStorage
                  To preface this, we are in a rural area where it's extremely rare to find storage units with a fence, gate, office, etc. Much like 95% of the other storage unit businesses around, we do not have those things. We do have security cameras and an on-site computer in a utility room that records the camera...
                  Yesterday, 07:48 PM
                Working...
                X