Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fence? Locks? I need help to slow these guys down.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    You can get microphonic cable that attaches to your fence. It can detect the distinctive sound when someone is cutting the fence and trigger an alarm.
    cool idea, where do you get that?

Comment

Originally posted by StorageBuddy View Post

cool idea, where do you get that?
      There are several different manufacturers. I would suggest doing a search on that term and find the one that best suits your needs. As a note, your search results may include infrared beam systems. I would not recommend using those.

Regards,

Robert Toy
      PTI Security Systems

Comment

I know I am politically incorrect but how about a minefield, I detest thieves. The cable thing would be your best bet my bosses other business was broken in and they now have it, seems to have stopped the stealing.

Comment

My first facility had wrought iron fencing-it's more expensive but sturdier as well.
          90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

I was thinking about the motion cable as well weaved into your fence. You can also use the motion sensor LED bulbs and Siren combination. That way when the light goes on it also has a local audible alarm that can startle the thief. It's definitely good to shake things up and make them realize you're going to make life difficult. You can also begin switching your locks to cyclinder style and latch, particularly on your most vulnerable areas first.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

There are several different manufacturers. I would suggest doing a search on that term and find the one that best suits your needs. As a note, your search results may include infrared beam systems. I would not recommend using those.

Regards,

Robert Toy
              PTI Security Systems
              I am going to look into this. Thank you for the information.

Comment

UPDATE :
                We haven't had any more break-ins, but of course I have been there every night. Probably just having a vehicle there may have been enough to scare them off.
                As of now we have updated and added additional lighting ( Want the thieves to be able to see what they are doing ) .
                Cameras are close to being up and running ( motion activated alarm) . I am hoping they do what they are supposed to do.

If anyone is thinking of upgrading security my advice is don't wait till your desperate.
                Start doing a bit of research now . We had a security business from the "big city" come down to give us a quote and they just never got back to us.
                I went with the first quote ( for an updated camera system with motion activated alarms) , which was from a security business in town.
                From the installation it looks like they are doing a great job. Hoping that the cameras will do what I need them to do.

We are researching
                Locks that are harder to get into
                The fence alarm option.
                Updating our Entry system to one that works with Site Link Web Edition ( even though they didn't come in through the front gate) ,
                I figured since were updating lets go all the way.

I wish I had taken more time to gather information and see my different options. , I know there are business that specialize in self storage security and I wonder if I had taken more time if they would have been the way to go.

Tonya

Comment

Originally posted by OregonFamily View Post
                  UPDATE :
                  We haven't had any more break-ins, but of course I have been there every night. Probably just having a vehicle there may have been enough to scare them off.
                  As of now we have updated and added additional lighting ( Want the thieves to be able to see what they are doing ) .
                  Cameras are close to being up and running ( motion activated alarm) . I am hoping they do what they are supposed to do.

If anyone is thinking of upgrading security my advice is don't wait till your desperate.
                  Start doing a bit of research now . We had a security business from the "big city" come down to give us a quote and they just never got back to us.
                  I went with the first quote ( for an updated camera system with motion activated alarms) , which was from a security business in town.
                  From the installation it looks like they are doing a great job. Hoping that the cameras will do what I need them to do.

We are researching
                  Locks that are harder to get into
                  The fence alarm option.
                  Updating our Entry system to one that works with Site Link Web Edition ( even though they didn't come in through the front gate) ,
                  I figured since were updating lets go all the way.

I wish I had taken more time to gather information and see my different options. , I know there are business that specialize in self storage security and I wonder if I had taken more time if they would have been the way to go.

Tonya
                  I'd also follow up and get the police in to have a unit and give them 24 hour access so they can cruise by at their leisure.
                  90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X