Trash Lady Google review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash Lady Google review!

A while back I told you of finding a lady in our trash receptacle. The following is what happened. "Someone saw stuff outside of the dumpster. So I go down there and walk up to the dumpster and I say excuse me? Just picture this: up pops the lid of the dumpster on top of her head. I said what are you doing? Oh, I am looking for boxes. I say inside the dumpster? I told her to get out of there she is not allowed to go through the trash." There was only 1 box in there and she used it to get in the dumpster. We have had other problems with her also.

Well, last night I was looking at our reviews on Google. We had a 4.7-star rating before she left us a 1-star review stating the following: "This is not a friendly storage place. When a drunk manager continually harass you while your trying to organize your storage and tell you you can't have anyone help you is just wrong especially when you pay for the unit and it's on auto pay so payment is not he issue, the issue is the management. Maybe it's time for new managers. I think the problem is the person can't let their dogs run free when someone is in there and if they have a dog or not they told me "come in, get your stuff or drop it off and get out." Wow, not allowed o go through my own personal belongings therefore I will be going to another storage and they keep raising the price. Good riddens to you, have another drink and keep repeating what you just told me two minutes ago. I will take help with me when I move my stuff out I don't see how they can prevent that. I'm going to research the storage laws in Arizona and see whTs legal and what isn't legal "

Number one I never have and never will drink at work! I don't drink. Well, maybe a half of glass of wine once a year. She was mad because I found her in the dumpster. I think she rented here to go through the dumpster and sell things. She has a 5X5 unit and we have only raised her rent one time ($2.00) in the last 3.5 years she has been here.
    Needless to say, we are canceling her rental agreement.

Ohhhh boy. Yeah, kick her out. Good 'riddance'. Don't forget to respond-it's a big slur on your character by accusing you of drinking on the job.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

What KrisinNC said
      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

I absolutely hate people like this woman. Not one part of her story was true and not once did she mention the dumpster problem. Exactly why I don't care about reviews. 5% truth, 95% bull....!
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Advice for your response.
          Amy Campbell
          Editor
          Inside Self-Storage
          amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post
            Advice for your response.
            Thank you Amy I do appreciate all help I can get.

Comment

If I were a potential customer reading that review the first thing that would come to my mind - this reviewer is only working with half a deck . I just had a 1 star review left in me as well . I responded quickly and professionally . At —— Self Storage we take great pride in our 4.7 out of 5 star review . Our tenants enjoy safe , clean and affordable rates . We continue to thrive through referrals from our tenants. ( something like that )
              Use this review as an opportunity to advertise what you do well and move on .
              Last edited by storage-gal; 16th April 2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

OOOh I hate when customers leave a negative review like that. I have one right now that left a 1 star review saying we were" just too d**n expensive" The reason she thinks this is because she is always late and every month gets into an argument with me on why I wont waive her late fee. Of course I cant respond online with : Hey, if you took the time to compare our prices with other facilities that offer climate controlled clean units in a secured building you would see we are very competitive in our pricing. Also, paying your bill on time helps you avoid that additional $15 every month!" I cant wait for her to move out... rant over
                You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
                  OOOh I hate when customers leave a negative review like that. I have one right now that left a 1 star review saying we were" just too d**n expensive" The reason she thinks this is because she is always late and every month gets into an argument with me on why I wont waive her late fee. Of course I cant respond online with : Hey, if you took the time to compare our prices with other facilities that offer climate controlled clean units in a secured building you would see we are very competitive in our pricing. Also, paying your bill on time helps you avoid that additional $15 every month!" I cant wait for her to move out... rant over
                  Get rid of her drama and headache. Don't wish for it.

Comment

Why not respond? What's wrong with saying what you just posted: 'our prices are very competitive compared to other facilities in the area that offer the same services/amenities/security'. Of course she thinks it's more expensive when you factor in the late fees. This way, you are correcting her false review, but not getting in her face about you knowing why she's saying that.
                    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post

Why not respond? What's wrong with saying what you just posted: 'our prices are very competitive compared to other facilities in the area that offer the same services/amenities/security'. Of course she thinks it's more expensive when you factor in the late fees. This way, you are correcting her false review, but not getting in her face about you knowing why she's saying that.
                      I would if I could. We actually have a social media person for our company who responds to these as they choose. I wish they would, it gets a little annoying taking the insults from people and not being able to give the other side of the story, you know?
                      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I would if I could. We actually have a social media person for our company who responds to these as they choose. I wish they would, it gets a little annoying taking the insults from people and not being able to give the other side of the story, you know?
                        Oh. Well, that just makes things harder for you having to put up with stuff and no way to "fight back".
                        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

That is also one of the reasons I could not do self storage working for a "COMPANY". Too many layers to go thru to get something done. When I ran auto shops it was for the mom and pop family owned shops Monday thru Friday. In the 2 facilities I have ran it has been family owned. At "COMPANY" facilities, so many times, you are a number and not a person. There is always exceptions to what I am saying but I believe that to be few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by allsecure View Post
                            A while back I told you of finding a lady in our trash receptacle. The following is what happened. "Someone saw stuff outside of the dumpster. So I go down there and walk up to the dumpster and I say excuse me? Just picture this: up pops the lid of the dumpster on top of her head. I said what are you doing? Oh, I am looking for boxes. I say inside the dumpster? I told her to get out of there she is not allowed to go through the trash." There was only 1 box in there and she used it to get in the dumpster. We have had other problems with her also.

Well, last night I was looking at our reviews on Google. We had a 4.7-star rating before she left us a 1-star review stating the following: "This is not a friendly storage place. When a drunk manager continually harass you while your trying to organize your storage and tell you you can't have anyone help you is just wrong especially when you pay for the unit and it's on auto pay so payment is not he issue, the issue is the management. Maybe it's time for new managers. I think the problem is the person can't let their dogs run free when someone is in there and if they have a dog or not they told me "come in, get your stuff or drop it off and get out." Wow, not allowed o go through my own personal belongings therefore I will be going to another storage and they keep raising the price. Good riddens to you, have another drink and keep repeating what you just told me two minutes ago. I will take help with me when I move my stuff out I don't see how they can prevent that. I'm going to research the storage laws in Arizona and see whTs legal and what isn't legal "

Number one I never have and never will drink at work! I don't drink. Well, maybe a half of glass of wine once a year. She was mad because I found her in the dumpster. I think she rented here to go through the dumpster and sell things. She has a 5X5 unit and we have only raised her rent one time ($2.00) in the last 3.5 years she has been here.
                            Needless to say, we are canceling her rental agreement.
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bless her heart....(in my thickest southern accent, dripping in salty sarcasm)

I do remember this story.

You should always reply with facts, and give her a way to contact you to "address her issues" further. Don't get into a back-and-forth with her online, though. ALWAYS reply to reviews. <3
                            Kristy Olney
                            Self Storage Ninja/Resident Manager
                            Stor-All Gardnerville
                            Gardnerville, NV
                            https://www.storall.biz/self-storage...le/industrial

“Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.” The Buddha

Comment

Just saw your comments about your social media person.

Do you work for a big company?? Our company is technically a mom and pop op, but we have 5 facilities and the resident managers of each facility are supposed to handle their reputation manager and social media channels ourselves.

Can you have no say whatsoever in the response?
                              Kristy Olney
                              Self Storage Ninja/Resident Manager
                              Stor-All Gardnerville
                              Gardnerville, NV
                              https://www.storall.biz/self-storage...le/industrial

“Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.” The Buddha

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DairyGirl
                                Thoughts on RV parking
                                by DairyGirl
                                I would like your input/thoughts/opinions on an RV parking situation. New RV tenant has parked his smaller motorhome in a 12x40 space. Also in that space is a wave runner on a trailer. Both vehicles fit w/i the space which is why I allowed it, and there are others who have similar parking setups. This...
                                Today, 09:56 AM
                              • MamaDuke
                                Reply to Storage Genie?
                                by MamaDuke
                                I haven't used it, but with only 2.5 stars in Google Play, I'm not running out to get it, either!
                                Yesterday, 07:40 PM
                              • allsecure
                                Storage Genie?
                                by allsecure
                                Hey all. I would like to know if anyone out there has had experience with the Storage Genie from Open Tech? I would really appreciate any input you can give me. We are looking into this but I would like to hear from those who have tried it and if they were happy with it.
                                Yesterday, 07:16 PM
                              Working...
                              X