Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have parking on site do you screen vehicles that you allow in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have parking on site do you screen vehicles that you allow in?

Say, if you guys have parking spaces on site, do you only allow vehicles in a certain condition. For instance, make sure that all tires are inflated, etc. Also what do you do with junkers (i.e. "Breaking Bad" type) trailers? If so how do you screen them before you sign the lease with a customer (as at that point you may not know the condition of the vehicle itself)? Also do you rent them over the phone?

Just curious. Can you share your procedure?

When I had a property with parking, I required the vehicles to be in working condition, current on registration, and insured.
    MamaDuke

Comment

What MamaDuke said and I have to see the vehicle before agreeing to the storage. If it has to be towed and is a trailer then no big deal. If it is a vehicle and has to be towed then I would not accept the vehicle anyway. I also, at last facility, told them that if I saw a flat tire and it was not taken care of in 48 hours then there was a $5 a day charge for that and was added to the account. If they did not pay when rent was due each month I would boot or disable the rig.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I let customers know that the vehicle must be driven in under it's own power. I require a copy of the insurance and registration. Registration must be in the name of the customer.
        Some of our other facilities with outside parking will require a vehicle cover and state that vehicles can't be loaded with items in, on, or around the vehicle that can be seen from outside the car.
        A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Vehicle must be running, current license registration and insurance. We don't allow working on the vehicle on the premises (unless a battery needs to be jumped or that sort of thing)
          90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Thank you, everyone. Very good suggestions!

pacnwstorage I'm curious about this part -- " ... and I have to see the vehicle before agreeing to the storage." How do you do that before you sign the lease? I really like this idea. Can you share more details though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X