Website Costs and Software Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Costs and Software Costs

We had a new website built last year with all the storage tools , rent a unit, pay your bill etc. The costs are a bit ridiculous now I feel,
    Monthly $50.00 per location / month
    Hosting $30.00 per month for both locations
    Security Certification $75.00 - ( You can a secure website with Wordpress just with a free add-on.
    They used to do any changes that were under 10 minutes at no charges, now they seem to be keeping track of every time I request a small change on the site and they bill me monthly.
    What fees do you pay ? Who do you use ?

Hey Storage Gal,

Well I can understand your frustration regarding costs as that does sound a little expense. Honestly, I can't attest to any specific company, but if you look at the cost breakdown you can compare. Hosting on Bluehost (pretty popular) is only $7.99 per month outside of their $2.95 per month intro offer. Most places do give free SSL certificates now so I agree. You can actually go through Cloudflare and get a free SSL certificate and join their CDN for free. I always recommend Cloudflare since they also use Brotli compression which is actually superior to Gzip which has been a standard for some time.

I doubt I'm allowed to post the costs for our websites so I'll just err on the side of caution and not, but for the sake of answering your question I can tell you that the websites we offer are about 1/10 of what you're currently paying and include everything that you've mentioned.
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Management Software
    k[email protected]
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

My son built my site on Weebly. I don't take reservations, and I don't list my prices. I have a link that takes you another site to make a secure online payment of rent, a video that an advertiser shot for me many years ago and a number of pictures I took myself

Just yesterday, a caller said that they found my site the most professional looking one of the many they visited, which prompted them to call me.

I think between both Weebly and GoDaddy, I pay $40 a year.
      In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Weebly isn't a bad option either if you have a basic eye for design and some time to put into it. You're really only going to have a few on page SEO issues with their basic pages, for example Weebly doesn't use H1 tags by default. If you know how though, you can edit the css or less to include it though.
        Kevin Kerr
        k[email protected]
        Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
          Hey Storage Gal,

Well I can understand your frustration regarding costs as that does sound a little expense. Honestly, I can't attest to any specific company, but if you look at the cost breakdown you can compare. Hosting on Bluehost (pretty popular) is only $7.99 per month outside of their $2.95 per month intro offer. Most places do give free SSL certificates now so I agree. You can actually go through Cloudflare and get a free SSL certificate and join their CDN for free. I always recommend Cloudflare since they also use Brotli compression which is actually superior to Gzip which has been a standard for some time.

I doubt I'm allowed to post the costs for our websites so I'll just err on the side of caution and not, but for the sake of answering your question I can tell you that the websites we offer are about 1/10 of what you're currently paying and include everything that you've mentioned.
          I've actually built several websites for my husbands personal business as well as for a non-profit organization using old school HTML and recently Wordpress, I could rebuild the site but I just don't have the time as the property manager of two facilities.

Comment

Weebly isn't a bad option either if you have a basic eye for design and some time to put into it. You're really only going to have a few on page SEO issues with their basic pages, for example Weebly doesn't use H1 tags by default. If you know how though, you can edit the css or less to include it though.
            Yes that's the problem with these types of web building options. They don't have the same SEO options

Comment

Originally posted by storage-gal View Post
              Yes that's the problem with these types of web building options. They don't have the same SEO options
              Agreed, but that really depends on your local market and how aggressive your competition is.

Myself, I'm a perfectionist. I really try to make the best 100% of the time. But honestly, I did a search for storage units in Storman's area (sorry, I'm a stalker) to check and he still pulled up 1st page on Google with his Weebly site.

It's actually a great example of not going overboard on website costs and still getting what your business needs.
              Kevin Kerr
              k[email protected]
              Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Kevin's right, every market is different and requires different approaches. I'm running consistently at 95% capacity, so I haven't had the need to be very aggressive on advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
                  Kevin's right, every market is different and requires different approaches. I'm running consistently at 95% capacity, so I haven't had the need to be very aggressive on advertising.
                  We have several BIG BOX competitors in our area that pay high dollar for google ads. Our site comes up nicely on google maps but we're quite far down in terms of just our website. Our web designers told us that really google maps is where you want to be but I understand the more reviews you have , the better the reviews the higher you rank on the maps. . Do you agree google maps is most important Kevin ?

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
                    I think between both Weebly and GoDaddy, I pay $40 a year.
                    Oh, please tell....How do you get a rate that low on GoDaddy?

Comment

Originally posted by storage-gal View Post

We have several BIG BOX competitors in our area that pay high dollar for google ads. Our site comes up nicely on google maps but we're quite far down in terms of just our website. Our web designers told us that really google maps is where you want to be but I understand the more reviews you have , the better the reviews the higher you rank on the maps. . Do you agree google maps is most important Kevin ?
                      I have no validation to this but have been told by our Google rep that having lots of photos on your website is one thng that ranks you higher.
                      As far as reviews go, we have way less review than our big box competitors with a higher rank.

Comment

Originally posted by bentsmom View Post

Oh, please tell....How do you get a rate that low on GoDaddy?
                        Uh, a quick check shows that .com domains are available through GoDaddy at $14.99 per year...

Comment

I personally *hate* our company pages. It's just a theme the designer bought off of a site and threw our info on. No design put into our unit available lists as it just goes straight to the sitelink versions for that. No SEO push, nothing that feels genuine to each site. I brought it up to the owners but unfortunately the web team they use is ran by a family friend so they wont budge I've debated remaking it myself numerous times but don't really want to put the time in if they're never going to see the light.

Comment

We use storelocal and love them, they have one inclusive charge all depending on how many sites you have listed with them.
                            Thanks,

-Ryan

Comment

Have I ever told you that I love it when you talk dirty? I can remember not all that long ago when most folks wouldn't understand a lick of this post. Can we say Dreamweaver and Fireworks?
                              Gina 6k
                              twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                              VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                              [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                              I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X