Two Units, Two Names, One Family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Units, Two Names, One Family

I have a family here with two separate units. One under Woman's name, one under Man's Name. He always runs late for his unit and it is less expensive. He has been telling me for two weeks he was going to make payment at next paycheck, next paycheck, then comes in this weekend when I'm off and pays Woman's unit to keep it up to date. This is their most active unit. I can't deny her access from her unit as it is paid to date. Or can I?

Want your input please....
    Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Do they have different codes? I'd lock him out and overlock the unit til it resembles Ft. Knox. You really can't deny her access-but you can condition her access until the other unit is paid.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Since each unit is under a different name, they are two different customers. If one is late, over lock it and lock out gate access for that account. You can't lock them both out since they are technically two different customers.
      A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Did you know the two names same family set up and did you rent them that way or was before you? Two names means two separate tenants and the guy must be treated separate of her.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Like the others said; 2 separate tenants so must be treated as such. Overlock his unit as soon as you are allowed to and make sure his code is locked out. Either he pays to access his unit, or he starts racking up the late fees.
          Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

I know all of this - just sharing frustration. He is locked out and has started racking up late fees. His unit is the "forgotten" unit of stuff they rarely need. This was all done in the midst of me coming in- she has a different last name than he. I just hate for my A/R's to grow....He'll pay....
            Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

I would just take each unit as its own. Each person has a different unit so take it as a different customer. If they are late, they are late. You can only do what you can to collect rent. If not, here comes the auction. If you think about it, you may be getting too involved in what tenants are saying. While you care about collecting rent, why get stressed over who is telling you what and when. Just make good notes and don't let the stress of tenants lying do something to affect you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X