No License in System, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No License in System, but...

Ok...the following pertains to two sites: two sites have all the driver's licenses of customers on the leases, but almost half are not in the system. Was told by one site manager that as long as the Driver's license has the owner's name, it's not necessary to put it in the system. What's your opinion?

First facility we'd make a copy, then scan a color copy in their Site Link account, this facility we make a copy and put it in their file and also type their information into QuikStor. I don't know that we use it for anything except to id the person when they move in and if they get sent to collections then the collection agency has a copy of the DL.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

As long as the info is on the lease to refer back to, I don't think it's a big deal to have it in the computer. However, that's a job to work on during down time!
      MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
        First facility we'd make a copy, then scan a color copy in their Site Link account, this facility we make a copy and put it in their file and also type their information into QuikStor. I don't know that we use it for anything except to id the person when they move in and if they get sent to collections then the collection agency has a copy of the DL.
        What Kris said. We always make a photo copy. That's it. Must be sure to post a lien ad with the proper given name. It is also my chance to see a valid driver's license. If they hand me a state I.D. instead of a driver's license then I ask for the license and if they have none I refuse the rental. If they will break the law on the streets with no license and therefore no insurance, then how can I trust them on the facility drive and other rules/regulations/policies?
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

If they hand me a state I.D. instead of a driver's license then I ask for the license and if they have none I refuse the rental. If they will break the law on the streets with no license and therefore no insurance, then how can I trust them on the facility drive and other rules/regulations/policies?
          FOOD FOR THOUGHT: My daughter will never have a valid Driver's License. She has epilepsy, and therefore is not allowed to drive, because she can have a seizure at any time. DMV has this noted with her SS# in their system. So all she will ever have is a State-Issued ID. She uses family and Uber to get around. And if you refused to rent to her, it would be discrimination. And she would be a star tenant for you that you missed out on because you have a narrow view!

You don't know why they don't have a DL. So your decisions need to be case by case based on many things, and not just a blanket "No DL, no unit."
          MamaDuke

Comment

My scenario is for a person driving into my facility and then producing a state I.D. instead of the driver's license. If the daughter is not allowed to drive and therefore gets out of the passenger side then I am not a stickler for the driver's license but if they drive in, I am.

My decision is a blanket only for a person driving and breaking the law.
            Last edited by MamaDuke; 19th June 2019, 10:00 PM. Reason: Site Rule #8
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I think as long as you have a copy attached to the lease, it shouldn't/wouldn't really matter if it's in the computer or not. I make a copy to attach to lease paperwork AND put it in the tenant info area on Sitelink at move in.
              Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X