Your Collection MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Collection MO

What does your collection process include? Do you send e-mail reminders, make calls, etc. What seems to garner the best response?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Texting seems to be my best result-then email, then phone calls. We, of course, also send snail mail as required by the state.
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Call, email, text...whatever way we can to contact the person. We will send statements both USPS and email (if they've provided an email address). The best result is different depending on the tenant, but text seems to be very popular. Some tenants will only respond to a particular method which is also a case-by-case situation.
      AmyLou

Comment

Email is 95%. Calls are the rest. Don't have to mail anyone until I send a lien notice cert letter. They are big grownups. they can fend for themselves.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          Email is 95%. Calls are the rest. Don't have to mail anyone until I send a lien notice cert letter. They are big grownups. they can fend for themselves.
          I do 90 percent of collections via email . I donít text, I have 600 tenants , way to time consuming . People know when their rent is due , I am not a babysitter . Agree Pawn , they are grown ups ( collection calls usually end up with them blaming me that they are late ) . We have no storage laws in our area and our contract clearly states what happens if you donít pay your bill .

Comment

we send late notices, both mail and email if we have one, if we have time we will call them the day before the lock goes on as a "courtesy". We only call when we are slow. lien notice goes out at 60 days, at which point our software quits sending notices for some reason. (This just came to my attention-it didn't use to do that) After that its regular auction notices etc.
            "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Text messaging gets the best response here but we also send snail mail, email and phone calls.
              The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Mly software automatically sends texts and emails as I have instructed. I only send letter when past due over 10 days. As of today I have only 4 tenants past due from the 1st out of 100.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X