Lock Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Recommendation?

Hello everyone, I'd like a recommendation on a lock for a 12 ft. swing gate that will allow RV customers to come and go without a key there is no electricity available at the gate site?
    Thanks,
    Scott

Disc lock design that has a combination instead of a key. That combination will get tossed out there to others though. May need one that is opened with the wave or insertion of a key card. Maybe one that has a finger print scan.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Or you can "daisy chain" locks in a series depending on how many customers you have. Basically each customers lock becomes a part of the chain. They can unlock and relock. If they don't pay you can cut their lock.

Comment

Get a lock with electronic fobs. Give the tenants a fob and impress upon them that if they lose the fob they'll get charged for a new lock and fobs for everybody else.
        When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
          Get a lock with electronic fobs. Give the tenants a fob and impress upon them that if they lose the fob they'll get charged for a new lock and fobs for everybody else.
          Except he said there is no electricity to the area....Electronic anything won't work....
          Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
            And it will still happen and the "entitled" will say they will not pay for the replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post

Except he said there is no electricity to the area....Electronic anything won't work....
              No, there are some locks that are battery powered (I would guess) that have fobs. We had tenant here that used one for his business so that his crew could get in and out for their unit. It was pretty cool.
              https://www.amazon.com/eGeeTouch-Out...gateway&sr=8-4
              When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by DNolting View Post
                Or you can "daisy chain" locks in a series depending on how many customers you have. Basically each customers lock becomes a part of the chain. They can unlock and relock. If they don't pay you can cut their lock.
                This is a great idea
                Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Neat idea. Fobs. Just have to make sure that the battery is ALWAYS up to date.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X