The dangers of those rental trucks in the wrong hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dangers of those rental trucks in the wrong hands

This is not my video, so I can't answer any questions.

If you're on Facebook, take a look at this disaster: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003614751312

And the aftermath: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003614751312

And let me say I am SO thankful that this was not my property!!! I would love to know how they got it out, but that hasn't been posted.
    MamaDuke

. Ummmm.... The videos should be attached to the Incident Report. Otherwise, no one will believe the report! Incredible!

Comment

Likely another person that rented a truck with no qualifications to drive it. Should have to have a CDL to drive that truck.

I never saw the driver get out and check what was holding him up, unless he already looked before we saw the start of the video. Dumb A$$
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        Likely another person that rented a truck with no qualifications to drive it. Should have to have a CDL to drive that truck.

I never saw the driver get out and check what was holding him up, unless he already looked before we saw the start of the video. Dumb A$$
        Actually they have those designed to be under the 26,000 GVWR required for a cdl, it almost makes it scary.

So thankful that didn't happen here.

Comment

Holy hell... I havn't watched with audio yet so maybe it's said in the video who the person recording it is but WHERE is the manager or staff of the facility?!? If you have a facility with tight aisles you should have a sign up stating the max size allowed for trucks. The last site I ran with tight aisles we did not allow anything over a 20' into the gate, if you tried we would stop you. If you insisted then you had to go in, and keep it on the entrance aisle and walk your stuff to and from the unit as you were not even thinking about making any turns on my property and you were told ahead of time if you did do any damage you are 100% responsible for the repair costs. If I saw this at my site i'd be yanking someone out of the cab real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
            Holy hell... I havn't watched with audio yet so maybe it's said in the video who the person recording it is but WHERE is the manager or staff of the facility?!?
            I had the impression that she was the lady that came out toward the end of the first video. Nothing was specified, but her reaction felt like someone who would have to deal with the aftermath to me.
            MamaDuke

Comment

I tried not to laugh through that but failed..

Comment

Originally posted by skinman View Post
                I tried not to laugh through that but failed..
                It's a lot more funny when you aren't the one dealing with it!!!
                MamaDuke

Comment

I used to work for that company. It is in Dallas and that is not the manager. It was auction day and they were all on the other side of the property. The owner is at all the auctions so I am sure things were handled. I makes me sick for the owner as he is a really good guy.

Comment

Yeah I saw it was in Dallas based on the FB posters info.. I am curious as to how all that noise was taking place and no one showed up sooner from the staff though unless that property is a massive size. Since you know the place do you have any updates or other links about it? I can't stop wondering was the driver on something or just that idiotic? I mean I know Dallas drivers are ugh but still.... lol

Comment

The driver ran away. All of the staff were either conducting the auction or in the office. The auction was on the other side and they have a pretty big property. I know the owner and when they get the guy he will be dealt with. They rented the truck there so they have all his information.

Comment

He ran??? Omg lol, like he wasn't in enough trouble already, now he ads leaving the scene of an accident... That leads me to think he WAS on something as now it'll be harder to prove his "condition" while it happened.

Comment

Especially after hearing all this I stick by my original assessment, he is a Dumb A$$. He may not have even been who rented the truck. Could be just the "driver that knows how to drive the BIG TRUCK". Turns out that all the aged dumb butts and criminals have nothing to worry about. There are plenty of others coming up thru the ranks to take over for them.
                          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Especially after hearing all this I stick by my original assessment, he is a Dumb A$$. He may not have even been who rented the truck. Could be just the "driver that knows how to drive the BIG TRUCK". Turns out that all the aged dumb butts and criminals have nothing to worry about. There are plenty of others coming up thru the ranks to take over for them.
                            I've always been surprised that truck rental places don't have requirements for renting the big equipment like that. Rented out a 26' budget diesel with liftgate to an 18y/o guy the other day. Brand new truck, first rental of it, was truly shocked it came back with no damage.

Comment

I'm sure it was bad, but I couldn't watch that video for more than 10 seconds. I need a dramamine.
                              In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bighank
                                Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
                                by Bighank
                                Idaho has nice. I tell everyone that God built mice better than my ability to get rid of them. When someone says "You have mice?" I look them in the eye and say, "yes." I ask them if they see al the hawks and falcons flying around and ever wonder what they feed on. Most are...
                                Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                              • KrisinNC
                                Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                                by KrisinNC
                                This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed....
                                Yesterday, 07:06 PM
                              • Beebop
                                Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                                by Beebop
                                Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it....
                                Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              Working...
                              X