Tenant lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant lockout

Ok Sitelink and Digigate/PTI users, I have a question. This has happened before but I don't remember what the cause was or how it was fixed. I have a past due tenant who shows he is locked out on both Sitelink AND Digigate, yet his code still opened the gate. I've already talked to him and he is stopping in the office to pay. Is there something I'm not doing that I should be doing? Like I said, it has happened before (not often that I know of), but I don't remember why it happens. I did call PTI last time but don't remember what it was that caused it, but they did fix it. If anyone has any suggestions/ideas, short of calling PTI, I'd appreciate it.

*Edit* When the tenant put in his code at the exit gate, it did say "delinquent exit" so it knows he's delinquent, he's just not locked out at the entrance.
    Last edited by DairyGirl; 29th July 2019, 10:17 AM.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

First thing to check is that in his ledger settings, there is no check in the box "Never lock out at gate."
    MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
      First thing to check is that in his ledger settings, there is no check in the box "Never lock out at gate."
      That box was not checked. And, on the digigate side, the unit number was in red, which means locked out.

Comment

Is the little gate icon visible on the payment screen? when is the last time you closed sitelink completely and reopened it?

I would go to company...setup.. gate setup

Then under gate update click on all tenants and hit OK . after it updates your gate software hit ok again.

if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the issue is if ledger settings is correct as mentioned before

Good luck

Comment

Do you use the Storlogix program by chance? You can manually suspend their access by going to edit user, selecting the customer's name and checking the box to suspend them. You'll have to remember to remove it once they pay though.
          A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by skinman View Post
            Is the little gate icon visible on the payment screen? when is the last time you closed sitelink completely and reopened it?

I would go to company...setup.. gate setup

Then under gate update click on all tenants and hit OK . after it updates your gate software hit ok again.

if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the issue is if ledger settings is correct as mentioned before

Good luck
            I did close sitelink and reopened it AFTER the tenant made his payment, but to be honest, I don't close it out every day. I just log out. I'm guessing maybe completely closing it at the end of the day is what I should start doing. As far as the gate icon on the payment screen, I don't recall seeing it, although if he was locked out it should have been there. I just don't remember seeing it. I will give the update a try, though. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Merman View Post
              Do you use the Storlogix program by chance? You can manually suspend their access by going to edit user, selecting the customer's name and checking the box to suspend them. You'll have to remember to remove it once they pay though.
              No I don't.

Comment

When was the last time you restarted the computer that runs your gate program?

Comment

Originally posted by Beebop View Post
                  When was the last time you restarted the computer that runs your gate program?
                  Last week sometime.

Comment

We close SL and reopen it every morning. This prompts a daily gate update, which almost always corrects any issue like this.

And if there is ever an issue, doing a manual update should fix it. Glitches happen from time to time.
                    MamaDuke

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bighank
                      Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
                      by Bighank
                      Idaho has nice. I tell everyone that God built mice better than my ability to get rid of them. When someone says "You have mice?" I look them in the eye and say, "yes." I ask them if they see al the hawks and falcons flying around and ever wonder what they feed on. Most are...
                      Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                    • KrisinNC
                      Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                      by KrisinNC
                      This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed....
                      Yesterday, 07:06 PM
                    • Beebop
                      Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                      by Beebop
                      Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it....
                      Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    Working...
                    X