Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Concrete degreaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete degreaser

Anyone have a favorite product or method?

Brake cleaner and floor-dri. Spray the stain then cover it with floor-dri. Walk on it a bit let it sit for a while then sweep it up. Works fairly well.

Comment

Agree, brake cleaner works great and can also be used to get stains out of carpet in vehicle and home.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We also use Brake Cleaner or Carb Cleaner for oil spots. I also have purchased heavy duty degreaser from sams club before if I have a large area I am working with.

Comment

Can you use brake cleaner on sealed concrete floors that have oil stains? Will it affect the seal?
          You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
            Can you use brake cleaner on sealed concrete floors that have oil stains? Will it affect the seal?
            Not that I know off but I would read the info for the brake and carb cleaner to see. Due to environmental controls there are different kinds that can be bought.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
              It depends on the type of sealer you have on the floor, if you have an oil based sealer you may have an adverse affect of the sealer. If it was an acrylic sealer than there would be less of a worry.

If the floor was properly sealed then you shouldn't need a degreassing agent to clean it

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

It depends on the type of sealer you have on the floor, if you have an oil based sealer you may have an adverse affect of the sealer. If it was an acrylic sealer than there would be less of a worry.

If the floor was properly sealed then you shouldn't need a degreassing agent to clean it
                Yeah, I cant attest to how the floors were sealed- but it was over 29 years ago so..... Im guessing over time it wears down with repeated mopping and buffing. Here's a pic of what Im talking about:old oil stain.jpg
                You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X