Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Received our new specials today-Hey, Lady. How old are you anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received our new specials today-Hey, Lady. How old are you anyway?

Our senior citizen discount is 10% off for 6 mo. But then it states-65 and older only, and had to laugh. IF someone ASKS for it and I think they' qualify I'll grant it, but I am terrible at ages and I would never say ask, "Are you 65 yet?" (of course I'd check their id, but seriously).
    I've only had one person ask for it in addition to the online special and I had to inform them 'one special at a time, sorry.'
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

My senior citizen discount is from 60 on up. When I tell them they say "great, I always hear 65 or older". The older I get, I am 66 and will be 67 on 12/24/19, I make sure I always ask for any discounts I can get and any military discounts I can get. Over a year's time it all adds up.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Same here.... if they look to be about my parents age I'll give it to them I never ask them to prove it. I would never decline it if they ask for it , that would be dumb " Oh Yeah- sorry but your only 64... not there yet but nice try!"
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
        Same here.... if they look to be about my parents age I'll give it to them I never ask them to prove it. I would never decline it if they ask for it , that would be dumb " Oh Yeah- sorry but your only 64... not there yet but nice try!"
        Lol, right?

WA State

Comment

Our senior discount is from 55 and up.

Comment

Originally posted by Beebop View Post
            Our senior discount is from 55 and up.
            *sigh* only 2 more years for me then.

WA State

Comment

You know, I'll be 45 in a few months. I was asked by a young man who is a barista at Starbucks if I knew about their senior discount program? I wanted to throat punch that little you know what...... I'm 44 years old! Sheesh!
              You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I have been told many times I look 10 years younger than I am and had to show I.D. to get my discount. No throat punch needed! LOL.

Comment

I'm only 55 and get offered senior discounts, I look old, must have been from a bad relationship that gave me a bunch of grey hair.... LOL

Comment

Relationships..........they can age you or make you feel like a kid again.

Comment

If someone asks about our senior discount, I let them know we do offer it and it is 10% off, for the lifetime of their tenancy. I did have a tenant get pushy with my assistant and demand her senior discount, she wasn't 65 yet. We get a copy of their DL at sign-up. So I politely called and let her know we would honor the discount for her next month(we don't do discounts first month as they are prorated in) but bad news, she isn't quite old enough for it, but good news, she isn't old enough for it! She was ok with that and didn't push back.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X