Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

So, I'm moving out-I'd like my free month. Huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm moving out-I'd like my free month. Huh?

Whaaaat?

She then asked for Max, who I gladly got because I'd NEVER heard of this special.

Max proceeded-with great patience, to explain her billing at move in and what special she chose then, and even if she'd opted for the 'free' month special, she'd have had to pay at move in. No money back at all, sorry lady.

She was bummed and Max was done-I gave her a starbucks card for her pain.

It turns out it wasn't Max who she was looking for, by the way, she was looking for a manager who moved away. *sigh*
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

That entitlement feeling bit her in the butt this time.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I've never had this happen to me, but our other facility has had arguments with tenants over why they aren't getting a refund. You can't refund "free"!
      Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

What would they hope to get as a refund?
        Free is free, the last time that I checked.
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

You could send her/him a check for $0.00. It would even be worth it to send certified for the signature.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

It has happened when the 3rd month is free and they move out half way through the 3rd month, expecting 1/2 months rent back.....can't fix stupid

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ckpa11
              Reply to fence climber
              by ckpa11
              That's what I thought would be in the replies. Thanks. This person also wrecked her car and without asking just had a friend tow it in and drop it. She has not asked about paying for parking, nor do I want her to. So, I guess I am just a storage yard for wrecked vehicles too. I gave her notice to have...
              Today, 01:11 PM
            • AngelaESSTX
              Reply to fence climber
              by AngelaESSTX
              Exactly what evets said. Depending on your state's laws, I would hand her a 3 day notice for non-renewal....
              Today, 01:01 PM
            • evets
              Reply to fence climber
              by evets
              I would evict her. And in the meantime tell her that if she does it again you will call the police and have her arrested for trespassing....
              Today, 12:49 PM
            Working...
            X