No announcement yet.

Pest and Bug protection kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my big concerns with mouse poison in/near units is that kids could get into it. Yes, parents should be watching their kids, but the reality is that they are fast and get into things. My site has professional baits in black boxes from Orkin, and lots of "tin cat" glue trap boxes which are pretty harmless unless you are a rodent

If customer ask if the traps and baits mean I have a rodent problem, I point out that they should be a lot more worried about any place without them.

Comment

I like the idea, but it might be better to provide education instead of product. Maybe explain how your location does pest control or something like that. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Comment

We used to have little packets with bug poison in them that we would give to every new renter at the time of rental for placement in the newly rented unit. We went away from this practice because of the mess the old packages left behind. For quite a few years since then we have been using bait blocks and placing them next to the doors inside the units.

I have been noticing placing these blocks right on the concrete allows them to spoil rather quickly when they get moist.

Under both programs I have not had complaints from tenants about rodent problems. But just because people aren't complaining doesn't mean there is not room for improvement.

We are going to try out some bait boxes for the perimeter of the buildings next year along with the poison in the units and see if putting the poison on the perimeter prevents the other poison from being eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

Did you read that tenant the riot act?
          Did I EVER and I stood there while he packed it up in his truck. I looked over the unit to make sure it was ALL gone. I also wanted to see if there was any damage to his stuff or the rodent just came for lunch. He is a neighborhood kid (25 years old) that I have known for close to 18 years.
          The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkathleenj View Post

Did I EVER and I stood there while he packed it up in his truck. I looked over the unit to make sure it was ALL gone. I also wanted to see if there was any damage to his stuff or the rodent just came for lunch. He is a neighborhood kid (25 years old) that I have known for close to 18 years.
            Did you use the 'disappointed mom' face?
            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

We put bait stations in every empty unit and refill the bait. Also we spray the insides with bug stuff. I wouldn't trust a tenant to do it. I let the tenants know this when they rent a unit to not be alarmed if they see it, "we dont have a mouse problem and we dont want a mouse problem. And we cannot control what people bring in, so it 100% preventative." Never had anyone run out the door on me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Storagelady898 View Post
                We put bait stations in every empty unit and refill the bait. Also we spray the insides with bug stuff. I wouldn't trust a tenant to do it. I let the tenants know this when they rent a unit to not be alarmed if they see it, "we dont have a mouse problem and we dont want a mouse problem. And we cannot control what people bring in, so it 100% preventative." Never had anyone run out the door on me yet.
                My thought about having the tenant place it would be to release the liability from the operator. Steve makes an excellent point that I will definitely be using. If a customer questions a place pack or bait station we should explain that we are being proactive. They should be worried about a facility that dose NOT have these items in place. Staying ahead of a potential rodent issue looks much better that actively battling one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X