Lawn & Garden Landscaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn & Garden Landscaping

So, with everybody on this form, I would like to know, from a manager, or owner, dose your facility, have a maintenance/person that works for you, or an outside vendor/company, taking care of the lawn, gardens etc... THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Vendor/Company
    56.25%
    Employee
    43.75%

My maint man does it all.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We have a 38 hour week maintenance who does janitorial and landscaping, along with minor repairs.
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

We have a maintenance man full time, but he doesn't do the landscaping except for occasionally blowing the driveway if it gets bad in between the company visits.
        MamaDuke

Comment

I have an outside firm do the lawn mowing and snow removal, but I (the owner) do the weeding, bush trimming etc. It's a 50,000 sq ft one man show for the most part.

Comment

Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it.

Comment

This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed.
              When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

I have found when I hire outside companies they either want to charge an arm and a leg for the service, or the employees of the cheaper services simply don't care about their job and they run over trash, come out and mow when it isn't needed.

So we do that work ourselves I have multiple facilities though so it makes more sense for us to do it on our own;

Comment

Lawn, maintenance, trash, weeding etc we do ourselves (4.5 acre property). The snow removal, we have a company plow, but we snowblow around the units and shovel ourselves.

Comment

Our maintenance man is one of the bosses and he does most of the repairs and work orders for 2 of our locations, unless he needs to call in a "professional"(which is rarely, he's a jack of all trades). We have a lawn company that handles the mowing, weeding, and sometimes tree trimming. We pull weeds on property and blow/sweep up leaves everyday and do the general cleaning of the property and parking lot.

Comment

A mix of maintenance crew form the company, landscapers mow and I do weeding and keep shrubs pruned.

Comment

The cutie pie maintenance man ( my hubby <3 ) does the lawn maintenance and I take care of planting & replanting flowers and plants and also the weeding. He also takes care of the palm tree trimming.
                        The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
                          Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
                          by Storman
                          feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
                          Yesterday, 11:38 PM
                        • Merman
                          by Merman
                          I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
                          Yesterday, 09:00 PM
                        • IceBox
                          by IceBox
                          Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
                          Yesterday, 06:08 PM
                        Working...
                        X