Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey pal, you're not allowed on the property!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey pal, you're not allowed on the property!

Tenant rents unit for mother (who is in and out of jail). Mother brings dog, I kick dog out and mom gets a lecture about the rules etc. (son is notified too).
    In June I get a call 'Why did the alarm go off last night?" So I check cameras and mother's boyfriend is here after hours, sets off alarm and then climbs over gate to get out, waaaaay after he's supposed to be here. I ask for permission to terminate lease but they say no, remind tenant that there are rules and have him change the code and specify access for mother only. (by the way, tenant is an AWESOME guy, reliable etc.)

Fast forward to today-boyfriend comes aggressively storming in through the office and straight back to where the unit is, hollering that his stolen stuff is in there and he's going to call the police and report it.

Me-exasperated. "Hey, you're not supposed to be here, leave or I'm calling the cops!"

"Do it and I'm going to file a report that my stuff has been stolen and put in here and I want it back!"

Okee dokee then, I also call my maintenance man. He calmly gets the guy back into the office where I tell him he's not on ANY of the paperwork and he isn't allowed on the property after being here after hours. He yells some more (my stuff is in there and she's stolen it blah blah blah) but my calm maintenance guy gets him to leave.

Cops show up (of course AFTER he's gone) and they know who he is and I 'officially' trespass' the jerk.

ugh. <facepalm>
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Not just this instance but that is why I have a concealed carry because when you have a problem that could have easily escalated to an emergency, the police are minutes away and show afterword, like in this case. Baseball bat also gets point across. Like the lone cashier at a convenience store, liquor store or gas station, we are mostly by ourselves and I am damn well gonna be safe. This guy is a turd and a waste of air. He also seems to think it is ok to tell you what he is going to do and what you are going to do. Be gone you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Gotta love people like that. Definitely second the concealed carry like Pac. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
      A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Before long I truly believe more and more people will be armed, legally or illegally. I always want to be on the right side of the law but some just don't give a crap. It is crazier and crazier every day out there in the land where anyone who actually pays attention can see what groups get away with violence at protests and marches. I see and hear all about it here in Oregon. Self preservation is key. Some will just stick their heads in the sand and HOPE it never effects them. As Dana says, "I am a citizen and not a subject".

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          Not just this instance but that is why I have a concealed carry because when you have a problem that could have easily escalated to an emergency, the police are minutes away and show afterword, like in this case. Baseball bat also gets point across. Like the lone cashier at a convenience store, liquor store or gas station, we are mostly by ourselves and I am damn well gonna be safe. This guy is a turd and a waste of air. He also seems to think it is ok to tell you what he is going to do and what you are going to do. Be gone you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          The police texted me the official trespass report-the guy is a well known criminal in the area, but generally not violent according to the police. (though he was pretty aggressive when he was here). I used to see him often when I walked my dog, and if I was still living here in town I'd maybe be nervous but I lucked out and have moved so I feel more secure. I do have an emergency button but I'm thinking of getting an aluminum bat, just as an accessory..lol
          When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Any type of law breaker or criminal can be known as "generally non violent" but that is not "absolutely non violent". I hate general terms. All it is is a way to cover your a$$ or have a way to back out of something that someone said. Anything can trigger a person and when you live a life where you break a law, it escalates from shoplifting to trespass to property damage to assault to whatever comes next. Drugs play a big part.

The reason the Israeli government does not have problems at their airports is that their security "profile" people. There is typically a "tell" that all nefarious people give off. We need that here in the states and quit letting snowflakes dictate what should be done or said. People may wake up eventually but head in the sand is easier.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
              Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
              by Storman
              feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
              Yesterday, 11:38 PM
            • Merman
              by Merman
              I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
              Yesterday, 09:00 PM
            • IceBox
              by IceBox
              Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
              Yesterday, 06:08 PM
            Working...
            X