Payment applied to wrong unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment applied to wrong unit

I want to make sure I'm thinking about this right. I have a tenant who pays for 2 separate units - one is hers, the other her daughter. She pays through her bank and the bank sends a check. The problem, I discovered today, is that she uses HER unit number as the "account number" for every payment. So, the payment that was to be on the daughter's unit, went to her unit instead. My understanding is the only way for me to fix it is to credit the daughter's unit, and add a month's rent back to the mom's unit. I'm a sitelink user if that helps, and this happened in mid-August so I can't just go in and reverse the payment and re-post it correctly. Am I right with my thinking on this?
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Credit the daughter, change the due date on the mother and make sure they both know what you did and how you corrected it. Also, PAY ATTENTION!
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Wasn't there an option where you can take a payment from one unit and apply it to another-or is there a time limit on that?
      When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        Credit the daughter, change the due date on the mother and make sure they both know what you did and how you corrected it. Also, PAY ATTENTION!
        If the mom would stop putting HER unit number on the checks, this wouldn't be a problem. I talked to her about it and explained what she has to do going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
          Wasn't there an option where you can take a payment from one unit and apply it to another-or is there a time limit on that?
          I know there is that option if a move-out has a refund coming, but not for something like this. I'll check into that though and see if something like that exists.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
            It's under the Adjustments tab. Thank you!

Comment

It's under Ledger Adjustments. You just choose the incorrect payment and then you choose the unit it should be applied to. It automatically corrects the paid thru date on the wrong unit once the payment is applied to the correct unit.

Comment

Does it care when the problem took place? I would assume not since you did it and it allowed you to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                  Does it care when the problem took place? I would assume not since you did it and it allowed you to do it.
                  For doing it through the Ledger Adjustments, no. I would not have been able to delete the payment though, because there has been a 'Daily Close".

Comment

Wait for the next check and apply to daughters unit? Just make sure you waive late fees and they aren't locked out. Big warning notes in both Unit Note and payment screen on both units!

Comment

This is how you transfer a payment to another customer in Sitelink.

Go to Adjustment, Ledger Adjustment, find customer the payment was put on, find receipt with the payment you want to transfer, click transfer payment on right side of screen and select customer you want it to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by JulieA View Post
                        Wait for the next check and apply to daughters unit? Just make sure you waive late fees and they aren't locked out. Big warning notes in both Unit Note and payment screen on both units!
                        Mom was going to just send another check, but after I got looking at the payments, I noticed 2 payments in August-right around the due dates. That's when I pretty much knew what had happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Beebop View Post
                          This is how you transfer a payment to another customer in Sitelink.

Go to Adjustment, Ledger Adjustment, find customer the payment was put on, find receipt with the payment you want to transfer, click transfer payment on right side of screen and select customer you want it to go to.
                          Thank you, this is exactly what I did. I think it's just been such a very long time since something like this happened, I couldn't remember how to fix it. KrisinNC mentioning something about taking a payment from one unit and applying to another is what got me searching. That was exactly what I was searching for.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post

Thank you, this is exactly what I did. I think it's just been such a very long time since something like this happened, I couldn't remember how to fix it. KrisinNC mentioning something about taking a payment from one unit and applying to another is what got me searching. That was exactly what I was searching for.
                            Boy-gonna be 53 tomorrow and REMEMBERED something helpful!! Huzzah! lol
                            When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Degrees or age? LOL!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
                                Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
                                by Storman
                                feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
                                Yesterday, 11:38 PM
                              • Merman
                                by Merman
                                I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
                                Yesterday, 09:00 PM
                              • IceBox
                                by IceBox
                                Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
                                Yesterday, 06:08 PM
                              Working...
                              X