It's gonna be one of THOSE days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gonna be one of THOSE days

Nah-it's raining today so it's pretty quiet. Though I did have an LOL moment when a 'tenant' called and left a voicemail and spelled her name and stated we ran her card last week and she was moving out-but she's not in my system. So, when she comes back 'from Europe' we'll have to figure out the mystery.

No, it's me-have a birthday and lose my keys. I wear them on a d-hook (carabiner) so I don't lose them-it's a good process for me because if they're attached to me I don't have to look for them. Well, today I'm going to go into the office in back and CANNOT find them. ANYWHERE. I retrace all of my steps, and do it again, check both elevators, maintenance room, moving truck, front office/back office (we have an extra key for doofuses like me who lock themselves out of the back office)

I'm now freaking out so I sit at the security camera and going through it, seeing the stupid keys dangling at my waist for an 1 and a half, before I finally have an AH HA! moment. I go BACK into the maintenance room and go all of the way back to where I'd pulled out a furniture dolly, and sure enough, those suckers were on the floor. Whoo! (wipes sweat off of brow)

Heart-rate back to normal. Now I keep patting them because I've made myself paranoid..lol
    Last edited by KrisinNC; 8th September 2019, 03:15 PM.
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

I am so OCD that losing keys would drive me nuts. I check them constantly in my RF pocket. Thankfully you found yours.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      I am so OCD that losing keys would drive me nuts. I check them constantly in my RF pocket. Thankfully you found yours.
      Oh, believe me, I was extremely unhappy about it!
      When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

I try to put things in the same place each time. If I don't I'll forget (stupid brain fog) and search & drive myself crazy!! So glad you found your keys!
        AmyLou

Comment

Originally posted by AmyLou View Post
          I try to put things in the same place each time. If I don't I'll forget (stupid brain fog) and search & drive myself crazy!! So glad you found your keys!
          ME TOO! I have an old metal grain scoop, I put all of my keys in there every time I get home so I don't run around like a chicken with my head cut off, also, no matter how big/small my purse-it turns into a black hole so I avoid all of the drama when I get ready to leave for work.

WA State

Comment

If you put a tile(GPS) on them, when you lose them, all you have to do is go to your phone to find them. I put one on my dog to keep track of him at my old job because he use to like to go and say hi to other people in the office. It was a non storage job so the office was much bigger.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
              Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
              by Storman
              feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
              Yesterday, 11:38 PM
            • Merman
              by Merman
              I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
              Yesterday, 09:00 PM
            • IceBox
              by IceBox
              Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
              Yesterday, 06:08 PM
            Working...
            X