Lockout for outdoor storage lots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockout for outdoor storage lots

I'm looking for recommendations on how to prevent someone from removing their items from an outdoor storage facility when their payments are past due. With a storage unit you can add locks to their unit and disable their code to the fence. With outdoor storage how do you prevent someone from removing their boat/rv/car etc...?

First: Welcome to the forum.

Second: You can purchase products from Chateau that are especially made for this.

Wheel lock tools that lock around the tire and the wheel like big claws, king pin/5th wheel lock, trailer wheel boot lock and trailer ball lock kits depending on the size of ball.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Use a wheel lock(boot) like a city does. You can find them on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Trimax-TCL65-...gateway&sr=8-6

Or something like it. Also lock down the tow area of the boat/trailer so it cannot be towed out.
      When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        First: Welcome to the forum.

Second: You can purchase products from Chateau that are especially made for this.

Wheel lock tools that lock around the tire and the wheel like big claws, king pin/5th wheel lock, trailer wheel boot lock and trailer ball lock kits depending on the size of ball.
        Lol, you're full of more useful information than I am. I didn't think of Chateau.
        When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
          Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
          by Storman
          feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
          Yesterday, 11:38 PM
        • Merman
          by Merman
          I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
          Yesterday, 09:00 PM
        • IceBox
          by IceBox
          Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
          Yesterday, 06:08 PM
        Working...
        X