Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Cash Payments

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Personally I see this as inconveniencing your customers for an issue that has nothing to do with the customers. I'm surprised that this is the way the bosses decided to take care of this.
    MamaDuke

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
      Personally I see this as inconveniencing your customers for an issue that has nothing to do with the customers. I'm surprised that this is the way the bosses decided to take care of this.
      I don't know what else to do. It's me and one other person, so it's my word against theirs to the boss. They know it's not me, but can't/won't let the other person go w/o hard proof. They feel the only option right now is to remove it altogether.
      Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

      Comment


      • #18
        The only other thing I can think of to do is we each have our own cash drawer to work out of, like a bank teller or cashier. It will show is doing what, but won't do anything to stop it.
        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
          The only other thing I can think of to do is we each have our own cash drawer to work out of, like a bank teller or cashier. It will show is doing what, but won't do anything to stop it.
          Nope-no cash will prevent 'issues'. They'll figure out that you're onto them and maybe they'll realize that they'll have to straighten up. Good luck!
          When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

          WA State

          Comment


          • #20
            Even with 2 separate cash drawers the other person is on alert now and that drawer will be on the money.

            The owner here trusts me so much that there was a time once when I needed to pay cash for something personal and I told him I could not get to bank on a weekend because none are open and he said to just take cash out of the petty cash. He never even checked on the amount needed or if I put the money back in. I absolutely hate thieves. Especially the ones I see taking money out of social security for a claimed mystery illness or disability. Lots of those here in Pewgene, Oregon. You see them on CL advertising that they want a place to live and have steady SSI income. What a friggin' joke.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

              Nope-no cash will prevent 'issues'. They'll figure out that you're onto them and maybe they'll realize that they'll have to straighten up. Good luck!
              Or decide the job isn't worth it anymore.
              Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post

                Or decide the job isn't worth it anymore.
                Yeah, or that. Hmmm.
                When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

                WA State

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                  Even with 2 separate cash drawers the other person is on alert now and that drawer will be on the money.

                  The owner here trusts me so much that there was a time once when I needed to pay cash for something personal and I told him I could not get to bank on a weekend because none are open and he said to just take cash out of the petty cash. He never even checked on the amount needed or if I put the money back in. I absolutely hate thieves. Especially the ones I see taking money out of social security for a claimed mystery illness or disability. Lots of those here in Pewgene, Oregon. You see them on CL advertising that they want a place to live and have steady SSI income. What a friggin' joke.
                  That's true about the drawer. Or they'd quit because it's no longer worth it. Ugh, I hate this crap!!
                  Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                    The only other thing I can think of to do is we each have our own cash drawer to work out of, like a bank teller or cashier. It will show is doing what, but won't do anything to stop it.
                    The way I would stop it is to eliminate the source of the problem instead of working around it. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of this trouble.
                    MamaDuke

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      In another thread I talk about being operations manager for last owner and he had 3 facilities. I did all the daily close books and payroll. I caught a manager not dropping a large cash deposit. Told the owner. He said he would look in to it. She said she would get with bank manager and straighten it all out. Two days later she was gone and her boyfriend, he was a contractor, had also stolen lots of building materials out of a facility maintenance unit. The writing was on the wall and she did a quick getaway. The first time I met her she seemed ok but after that I found out she had wanted the job I was given and she changed.
                      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

                        The way I would stop it is to eliminate the source of the problem instead of working around it. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of this trouble.
                        I know, but I'm not the one making those decisions.
                        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'd put up signs, because certain people could still accept cash but never apply it. Something like,

                          "Starting immediately, 'So and So Self Storage' no longer accepts cash at all of their locations. We still accept checks, money orders, and credit cards'. Thanks for your patience.
                          When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

                          WA State

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Will they not review the office cameras? Instead of the potential costly effect of removing cash option from your tenants, maybe they are open to installing more/better cameras. It's always good to have them in the office anyways, more is better especially in case of emergencies anyway. Our bosses can watch the cameras anytime they want from their phones and laptops and our office cameras even have audio. If any employee is causing a loss to the company they seriously need to weigh their options. They may lose a lot of business getting rid of cash payers, due to someone being a dishonest sticky fingered pest VS installing the cameras for proof. Besides, cameras are the gift that keeps on giving.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              We contacted tenants 6 months before we stopped taking cash. They got an email, phone call, and letter mailed to the address on file. In addition to this we have signage on property and when someone comes in to rent with us they get a flyer reminder of the no cash policy. Our contract does state no cash will be accepted but I'm not sure on which portion of the rental agreement that is under.

                              We also advertise no cash on our website so it's nothing that should come as a surprise.

                              Hopefully you can get the word out sooner rather than later. Don't forget to mention all acceptable forms of payment.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                                The only other thing I can think of to do is we each have our own cash drawer to work out of, like a bank teller or cashier. It will show is doing what, but won't do anything to stop it.
                                Is there any video to review?
                                The future depends on what you do in the present.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • MamaDuke
                                  Reply to Death of a tenant question
                                  by MamaDuke
                                  Different states have different laws. In CA, there is a legal form to be completed and notarized, or they must have the proper court documents. In the meantime, we overlock the space to ensure that no one gets access until we have the proper paperwork.

                                  We don't want the son to come next...
                                  Today, 12:18 PM
                                • dakselfstorage
                                  Reply to Where Would You Live?
                                  by dakselfstorage
                                  Just spent two nights on the outer edge of Kerrville at a Super 8. It was actually one of the nicer 8's we've stayed in. We did the three twisted sisters near there.
                                  Love the entire area....
                                  Today, 12:17 PM
                                • pacnwstorage
                                  Reply to Death of a tenant question
                                  by pacnwstorage
                                  IMO, after seeing the certified death certificate and legal paperwork that gives her control of the mother-in-law unit belongings, she can have her name put on the unit and linked to her units. If you wish you can of course reference the mother-in-laws name somewhere on the unit.
                                  Today, 10:12 AM
                                Working...
                                X