Tenant Christmas/Holiday Promotions Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant Christmas/Holiday Promotions Gifts

Does anyone have a unique tenant promational gift idea? Every year we give our tenants something little during the holiday season. We have done stylus pens, keychain flashlights, & ice scrapers in the past and in search of something different for under $2.00. TIA!

Ingredients to make 6 chocolate chip cookies

Comment

We do a gift basket drawing every holiday season-our fall basket has Hickory farm stuff and a $40 grocery store gift certificate.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

The hand outs mean a lot to some tenants but exactly nothing to others. They see what it is and know that the expense by the facility is very small.

I think the way to really get their attention is a rent credit for each unit of at least $5 but closer to $10. We do not do that at all but if you are going to do something it needs to get their attention.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We send a high quality holiday card every year to every customer (even the one in Budapest!). But with nearly 1300 units, gifts could get out of hand quickly! And a rent credit would be insane and $5 or $10 to the wealthy community I'm in would be an insult anyway.
          MamaDuke

Comment

We have been mailing out personalize Calendars with our information printed on them for several years. Though I can tell they are starting to fall out of favor with our renters. Still we have quite a few people who enjoy them and come asking for them every year.

Comment

My vote would be for a nice Holiday card letting your customers know how much you appreciate them. Hand written if possible. I would not appreciate a $2 gift.

Comment

Originally posted by frost7777 View Post
                My vote would be for a nice Holiday card letting your customers know how much you appreciate them. Hand written if possible. I would not appreciate a $2 gift.
                I second the hand written card. I would appreciate a card with a hand written message in it way more than a widget of some sort. I get a stylus pen in the mail here a couple times a year from the same company and I couldn't tell you their name if I tried.
                A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Instead of gifts (just thinking outside the box here) you could host a Holiday Open House and serve cookies and hot chocolate. You can email the invitation for free, place an invitation on your door, tell folks about it as they come in to pay rent or call. Then get your holiday gift basket and draw for a winner from those who come by. It would be a nice get together, not expensive and would be fun. Those that care about getting something from you would make the time to stop by. You could do an early evening set time, or a set day where your tenants would have all day to stop by for goodies and a chance to win.
                  Stephanie Tharpe
                  President
                  A+ Management Group, LP
                  Nashville, TN
                  www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                  www.tnssa.net

Comment

Has anyone ever considered sending a donation to a charitable organization in the name of their facility and sending an email to customers announcing this and a link to use by a customer who might want to do the same. This can have a significant multiplier effect. Charitable organization should, I believe, be a universal one, e.g. American Red Cross, Cancer Research organization, etc., and should also have a record of a high percentage of their donations going to the actual mission of the organization. Charitable organizations can be vetted by a number of internet sites that provide information on their financials and specifics of how they use their money. Takes some work and I would recommend sending donations to a different charity each year.

Comment

The storage facility we use to work at the owner gave out the calendar books that you can write in. The cover had all the facilities listed on the front cover for advertisement purposes. The tenants loved them. They would start coming in to see if we had them yet in November sometimes even in October. Great big hit with the tenants and they loved to schedule their bill pay in them.
                      Never stop learning. Means we are still alive.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X