Looking to Switch Management Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Switch Management Software

Hello all! We have been using SiteLink for several years (the only software we've ever used) but are looking to possibly switch. We are a corporation, but small and family owned and we have 4 facilities all together. Can any of you recommend what you use and why you love it so much? SiteLink has just become too much "fluff" and noting that we use and they are simply missing the mark with the things we are asking them to add. I saw a good recommendation for QuikStor and it looks very user friendly, however, I am unable to tell if they work with TSSA. Any and all input is appreciated!

Edit: I just spoke with someone from QuikStor and they are working to meet the deadline to be integrated with TSSA.
    Last edited by AngelaESSTX; 12th December 2019, 01:09 PM.

Just out of curiosity, what are y'all asking for that they can't get done? It's been a few years since i've dealt with other systems with all the takeovers I did but in my experiences back then sitelink was by far the best of the crop

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
      Just out of curiosity, what are y'all asking for that they can't get done? It's been a few years since i've dealt with other systems with all the takeovers I did but in my experiences back then sitelink was by far the best of the crop
      We are asking for a more user friendly interface, not to mention the other small things..like I had posted in the other forums regarding reprinting multiple receipts, etc. Instead we get a Receipt Audit button and more customization to the user security settings lol - as if it's not complicated enough. We just don't feel as if it meets our needs as a smaller company. And don't get me started on MyHub...it can do better

Comment

QuikStor is okay-and that's it. I have many tenants with foreign last names so it would be helpful to be able to search by first name, and or phone number (if you miss a call and no voicemail, it's helpful to be able to find the tenant by #).
        Both of which Sitelink does. Everything else is okay-the learning curve will frustrate managers in the beginning but after a year of using it I'm finally getting the hang of it. It helps that I can call the office and have an expert help me with something I cannot figure out (Also Pac is an expert as well)

I don't like the search for reports-it's not intuitive. I do like the 'heads up' display that's connected to the gate and doors so I can keep an eye on who is on property at all times. It also tells you what time and what door they used-very cool.
        Last edited by KrisinNC; 12th December 2019, 01:36 PM.
        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

QuikStor here and every system has a glitch now and then. I like it a lot. Used Win Sen at last facility and hated it. QuikStor is quick to respond to needing help with something. Very user friendly IMO.

QuikStor is also open to recommendations from managers. I wanted the ability to see the move in date for a tenant on the gate log as they used their gate codes to enter. It helps me decide if I need to pay a visit to the tenant if I see a couple of pickups show up or a U-Haul. If they just moved in then I know they are likely moving stuff in to the unit. If they have been here a while then they may be moving out without giving notice and I get in my hot rod golf cart and pay them a visit at the unit. QuikStor took my recommendation and added that capability. So, for those that use QuikStor and see that option on your gate log, I am bragging when I say, that was me.

I just hurt my arm patting myself on the back.

Last edited by pacnwstorage; 12th December 2019, 01:42 PM.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Hey Angela,

We already have ours complete for TSSA as well. We have plans to add a pretty awesome dashboard to it in the future, but access to the new form system is done.
            Kevin Kerr
            Storage Commander Cloud Software
            k[email protected]
            Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

I have used a few (Storage Commander, Web Self Storage, Yardi [used to be called something else], and others. Sitelink is by far the best, even for this small company with 1 facility. A couple years ago (before I worked here) they briefly switched to StorEdge. They switched back to Sitelink a few months later because it just didn't measure up.

No software is perfect. No software is going to meet ever desire a company has. But in my experience, even with its shortcomings, Sitelink is by far the most user-friendly! I have helped several companies convert to Sitelink over the years, and none has ever gone back.
              MamaDuke

Comment

KrisinNC I have gotten used to being able to search by phone number gate code, etc., but that would probably be the only thing I miss that QuikStor doesn't offer. We currently have StorLogix for our gate so I am able to see all gate/door activity and I have dual screen PC. The ONLY time I have ever had to call SiteLink tech support was due to something they messed up after an update

Comment

Kevin SC I will def check out the website for your company! Is there a demo offered, as well?

Comment

When I am looking for a tenant and they don't know the unit number, I ask for the name on the unit. If they don't know for sure they can give me 2-3 names if need be but I can always find if I even just put in one or two or even 3 letters of the name. Pull them all up and I find them. I drill it in to the NEW tenant that they NEED to use the unit # to reference the unit. Does it always work, no. I have never not been able to find a tenant if I really wanted to. I should get with QuikStor and ask for the search menu to include more options.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                      KrisinNC I have gotten used to being able to search by phone number gate code, etc., but that would probably be the only thing I miss that QuikStor doesn't offer. We currently have StorLogix for our gate so I am able to see all gate/door activity and I have dual screen PC. The ONLY time I have ever had to call SiteLink tech support was due to something they messed up after an update
                      Just how many pics are you gonna use? Just when I get used to the stocking hat now you are hatless. C'mon man!

Comment

AngelaESSTX Sure, we definitely have demos available.

It's against the rules to post links in here, but its pretty easy to find a link to the demo.

If you need any help with anything you can always reach out by email or call too. I'm always happy to chat with a SST member.
                        Kevin Kerr
                        Storage Commander Cloud Software
                        k[email protected]
                        Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                          Hah! So that's why you and me are on forums so often, we're both using dual monitors! I keep sitelink on the main one and my side monitor is the brave browser with emails/forums, gate system and the old IE browser for budget trucks.

Winsen property software last time I used it for a takeover was laughable, the gate software is about the usual to be honest. It's what we use here and it tells us when doors are open/closed.

If I see trucks like pac mentioned or a convoy of vehicles i'm not recognizing I just take a moment to look up the account that the gate shows used in sitelink to see if it's a new customer or someone who's probably bouncing out without a notice. That's pretty rare though as even only being at this site a few months I know most the regulars by name/car.

Just did a move in on Monday where the guy came in asking prices 2 weeks ago, showed back up and I greeted him by name and asked if he was still looking to store the same items mentioned before. He got a big smile and said this is a lot different than the location he's leaving. Made my day

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

Just how many pics are you gonna use? Just when I get used to the stocking hat now you are hatless. C'mon man!
                            Lmao! I just cut 9 inches off my hair so I had to update it

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
                              AngelaESSTX Sure, we definitely have demos available.

It's against the rules to post links in here, but its pretty easy to find a link to the demo.

If you need any help with anything you can always reach out by email or call too. I'm always happy to chat with a SST member.
                              Sweet thx a bunch!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X